NIKE MAG Knockoffs

The question is then - will you wear them?
If so, go white :)

If your just doing them up for a prop, then silver might be OK.

Because I will make new ankle straps anyway, I will use the original straps to test paint adhesion and flex on. I think a satin cement grey (a popular NIKE colour) would be much nicer then shiny silver. The sole may have to remain white at this time though.

The question is then - will you wear them?
If so, go white :)

If your just doing them up for a prop, then silver might be OK.

Because I will make new ankle straps anyway, I will use the original straps to test paint adhesion and flex on. I think a satin cement grey (a popular NIKE colour) would be much nicer then shiny silver. The sole may have to remain white at this time though.
I'm definitely going to wear them, not use them as a prop. I just don't know if there is something I can paint or cover the white with to give it a more real MAG look.

I had mine "delivered" today! BUT it went to the apartments front office instead of to my door?? Front office was closed an hour earlier than they were supposed to be. I hate this lol, I need instant gratification!!!

there is a way you can view these pics.1st highlight then right click copy post above on url press enter pic should show up .

Last edited:
there is a way you can view these pics.1st highlight then right click copy post above on url press enter pic should show up .

You need to upload the pictures to a photo-sharing site like Photobucket, ImageShack, or Flickr. Then post the link or the embed code they give you so we can see it.

Right now, it shows up in your browser, because the files are on your computer.

-Nick

You need to upload the pictures to a photo-sharing site like Photobucket, ImageShack, or Flickr. Then post the link or the embed code they give you so we can see it.

Right now, it shows up in your browser, because the files are on your computer.

-Nick
Or attach the image through the advanced menu>manage attachments on this forum.

Got my shoes, I love them as shoes but they are HORRIBLE as props or even something to make a replica. Everything is slightly off to the point its almost a completely different shoe. Not that I was expecting an exact replica but some things are just more noticeable when you have the shoes. What throws me off is the fact that the back cup is like thin Halloween mask vinyl *think rubies mask. Also, while wearing them, the strap slips down and makes the top "wings" flair out. I think Ill still add leds to them as soon as I can make it to the electronics store.
What type of el sheet is everyone using for the nike strap? Also, is there an inverter needed or can I just hook it up to a 9v?

Got my shoes, I love them as shoes but they are HORRIBLE as props or even something to make a replica. Everything is slightly off to the point its almost a completely different shoe. Not that I was expecting an exact replica but some things are just more noticeable when you have the shoes.

I said it before...these are NOT even close to the real shoes. I am surprised that you are surprised about how "off" these are.

For $100 more, Markpoons shoes are WAY better and as Risu found out, even if you order your size you may not be able to wear them.

This is why I went into these shoes knowing full well I was basically going to be tearing them to shreds.

The only piece I'll have left in the end will be the white midsole...and even that will be modified.

It'll be interesting to see what the V2 K-Mags end up looking like...if they come out at all.

-Nick

All I know is that i'm not about too pay money for a pair of shoes that won't fit. Markpoon's are great but sadly much too small.

All I know is that i'm not about too pay money for a pair of shoes that won't fit. Markpoon's are great but sadly much too small.

Yes they are and no one wishes they came in larger sizes more than me but it seems that even with these kMags you may not fit it them either an then you're stuck with an ugly pair of crappy shoes. :lol

Thanks for that. So what is the difference between 9 and 9.5? Is it just a bit of width or is is actually slightly longer as well?

Because I have size 8 K-Mag, MP MAG (9.5?) and my own 10 K-MAG, I want to be able to contribute to at least 3 sizes in the quest for the clear sole.

Better get some graph paper I guess and make a start :)

Hey guys, do any of you lot remember this guy Mark Kurath who paid $4000 to have his own custom one off pair of nike mags made from scratch by a shoemaker? i think this guy had them made in 2008 or 2009. They had no leds on them, but were fairly accurate i think apart from the colours for heel cup,soles and the soles themselves.

bttf2x - My.KicksOnFire.com

bttf1x - My.KicksOnFire.com

Share 'bttf1x' - My.KicksOnFire.com

IMG_0095x2 - My.KicksOnFire.com

If i had $4000 lying around though i wouldn't spend it on a shoe!

$4K and no lights? OK... Is it me or is the collar higher? I do like the slightly oversize ankle buckle though. I also like that pattern he has on the side of the clear sole. Actually I don't think that is clear, just a different grey to the mid-sole.

Hey guys, do any of you lot remember this guy Mark Kurath who paid $4000 to have his own custom one off pair of nike mags made from scratch by a shoemaker? i think this guy had them made in 2008 or 2009. They had no leds on them, but were fairly accurate i think apart from the colours for heel cup,soles and the soles themselves.

bttf2x - My.KicksOnFire.com

bttf1x - My.KicksOnFire.com

Share 'bttf1x' - My.KicksOnFire.com

IMG_0095x2 - My.KicksOnFire.com

If i had $4000 lying around though i wouldn't spend it on a shoe!

WOW! I vaguely remember reading such a story, but don't recall seeing those pics at all. Those look pretty darn good!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back