Nike MAG Box

Just got another quote back and i'm not sure if this is worth it, have a read and let me know what you think:-

Hi
Thank you for your enquiry. we are pleased to offer as follows:

Style: Rigid Presentation box with partial depth front flap lid with magnetic closure

Material: 2000mic White lined board, covered with a high quality stock paper.
Printing: None Required

Internal Size: (LxWxH) 455 x 403 x 153mm (80mm front flap)
Quantity and Price:
50 @ £24.55 each
100 @ £19.00 each

Origination: Paper forme £85.00
1 off payment, 1st batch only.

Artwork: Finished Artwork to be supplied by you Or £70.00 per hour will be charged for doing artwork
Subject to sight of artwork

Lead time: Approx 4 weeks from date of order.
Lead times are valid at the time of quoting, and are subject to work load at the date of order.

Carriage Costs: Carriage at cost

The above prices exclude vat.
All quantities are subject to normal trade tolerances of +/-10%

We hope our offer is of interest to you and look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Kind regards
Jessica

If we could get 100 people then i think £20 a box is really good (proforme is £85 so that would have to be divided by how ever many poeple need a box) however i think max numbers would be 50, if that :?

I have asked for a photo of a box like this that they have done or at least clarification that thuis is what we would get if in doubt i'll buy one and then we can see from there.

Put up an interest thread. Say you need at least 50 people or more to actually do it. See where it goes from there.

Well, I had a little spare time tonight, so here's something I whipped up really quick.

photo_zps7bc715ca.jpg

Here it is next to my modded box for reference.

photo_zpsf5a55df9.jpg

Just a shot to better compare the size, though thanks to parallax the top box appears closer to the right size than it really is. My new box is about 2" bigger in length AND width.

photo_zps24aa80f1.jpg

Testing the hinge clearance. All seems good.

It's just a test fitting (I have to adjust the side length a little bit to make them mate with the base better) but this is 100% true to the dimensions given in the first post. (And that means it's ginormous) After I get the sides shaved down, I just need to glue everything down then clad the thing!

And luckily I now have some spare material and some adhesive vinyl to play around with to see if it will work as the cladding material. Not sure when I'm going to have time to work on this again, but at least there's some progress.

-Nick

Old thread, I know but I gave this a shot tonight and I'm fairly happy with how it's turning out. I bought a box similar to the one shown earlier in this thread, made a new flap, installed some magnets and got to wrapping the box in adhesive vinyl.
I've never worked with sticky vinyl before so it was a bit of a challenge. I've got quite a few air bubbles which I should be able to pop with a fine needle and few creases mostly on the inside that I'll try to smooth out with some heat. The vinyl is so damn thin that it picks up ANY imperfection. You can clearly see the holes where the magnets are located because of this.
I still need to find the stickers and unfortunately the links to the ones earlier in this thread no longer work. So, if anyone has them please upload them again.
Anyways here's a shot of it, I've yet to remove any of the bubbles or creases.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442721981.931343.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old thread, I know but I gave this a shot tonight and I'm fairly happy with how it's turning out. I bought a box similar to the one shown earlier in this thread, made a new flap, installed some magnets and got to wrapping the box in adhesive vinyl.
I've never worked with sticky vinyl before so it was a bit of a challenge. I've got quite a few air bubbles which I should be able to pop with a fine needle and few creases mostly on the inside that I'll try to smooth out with some heat. The vinyl is so damn thin that it picks up ANY imperfection. You can clearly see the holes where the magnets are located because of this.
I still need to find the stickers and unfortunately the links to the ones earlier in this thread no longer work. So, if anyone has them please upload them again.
Anyways here's a shot of it, I've yet to remove any of the bubbles or creases.
View attachment 530840

Looking great!

Flatten it out, add a sticker, some foam and call it done!

Are you going to print out an instruction booklet for your box?

-Nick

Looking great!

Flatten it out, add a sticker, some foam and call it done!

Are you going to print out an instruction booklet for your box?

-Nick

Well that was the plan but finding someone who can print double sided posters had proven a bit tough. The few places I've found online that didn't want a minimum of 1000 posters made wanted around $70 to have it printed. Sooo... Not sure what I'm going to do

Well that was the plan but finding someone who can print double sided posters had proven a bit tough. The few places I've found online that didn't want a minimum of 1000 posters made wanted around $70 to have it printed. Sooo... Not sure what I'm going to do

Local print shops will definitely be more agreeable. Hell, if you don't mind trimming some excess you might even be able to get a place like a Kinko's or Staples to do it for you if you go when it's a bit slow in there.

-Nick

Local print shops will definitely be more agreeable. Hell, if you don't mind trimming some excess you might even be able to get a place like a Kinko's or Staples to do it for you if you go when it's a bit slow in there.

-Nick

I've tried a few places like the local print shop, office max & Depot. They claim their paper is fed through on a roll and when they try to flip the paper over for the second side it never lines up properly. Even if they could I was looking at about $30 per side

I've tried a few places like the local print shop, office max & Depot. They claim their paper is fed through on a roll and when they try to flip the paper over for the second side it never lines up properly. Even if they could I was looking at about $30 per side

It's times like these, I wish I still had a family member that owned a printshop. I used to get random things printed up all the time...and multiple attempts at it too. I never realized how good I had it. :lol

The other option is to put a WTB post in the Junkyard. 17" wide print beds aren't uncommon for people who do graphic design and illustration. You might find someone here on the board who can print something 16" wide on their home printer for you.

Let us know if you make any progress on the box or instructions.

-Nick

It's times like these, I wish I still had a family member that owned a printshop. I used to get random things printed up all the time...and multiple attempts at it too. I never realized how good I had it. :lol

The other option is to put a WTB post in the Junkyard. 17" wide print beds aren't uncommon for people who do graphic design and illustration. You might find someone here on the board who can print something 16" wide on their home printer for you.

Let us know if you make any progress on the box or instructions.

-Nick

Oh yeah that must have been nice! Might just have to try the junkyard thing as I just can't see paying those quoted prices. Thanks for the idea, I'll let you know what I come up with.

Once I have my MAGs completely done (which will probably be a while) I want to make a Black Nike Footwear box like the friends and family pairs came in except a lot more sturdy and in the design of the yellow box. I have a custom idea too to have the bottom and sides of the inside of the box to be brushed steel.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back