Nike Mag 2016 Lottery

Let's just hope if the power lace V3s comes out that no one will use them for evil on eBay lol If people do put them on eBay then they will have to make the box that these new MAGs come in to trick people. Or lie and say they lost the box or something stupid like that

Let's just hope if the power lace V3s comes out that no one will use them for evil on eBay lol If people do put them on eBay then they will have to make the box that these new MAGs come in to trick people. Or lie and say they lost the box or something stupid like that

Oh it will happen. There are tons of tools out there looking for new ways to scam buyers.

Oh it will happen. There are tons of tools out there looking for new ways to scam buyers.
Impossible to fool the sneakerheads on ebay, ok the blue soles are easy to fake, but the shape of the mid sole, the fact that people will probably ask you to show the shoes adapt lace (i hate the word powerlace because they're not powerlace but slowlace), will put a game over to fake RDs on the market.

Well I think you guys are a little ahead or yourselves.
1. NIKE has not released the actual power lace MAG to any one yet and won't for at least 5 days.
2. It has taken almost 6 years to get an almost perfect replica of the 2011 shoe, so really, how long do you think it will take before we see PL rip offs?

Well I think you guys are a little ahead or yourselves.
1. NIKE has not released the actual power lace MAG to any one yet and won't for at least 5 days.
2. It has taken almost 6 years to get an almost perfect replica of the 2011 shoe, so really, how long do you think it will take before we see PL rip offs?

If there's a factory leak, less than a year. Since the V3 need a little upgrade on the shape of the shoes, sole color and be uv resistent, better grey material.

But let's be honest, the adapt lace system with fail for sure over the time, they can't be used as daily shoes, so i would really prefer a V3.1, sold without electronic, with the soles unglued, anckle bubble and the inner sole not glued as the LED bubble, so we could build our own kit, own color, and get them for a killer price.

Last edited:
If there's a factory leak, less than a year. Since the V3 need a little upgrade on the shape of the shoes, sole color and be uv resistent, better grey material.

But let's be honest, the adapt lace system with fail for sure over the time, they can't be used as daily shoes, so i would really prefer a V3.1, sold without electronic, with the soles unglued, anckle bubble and the inner sole not glued as the LED bubble, so we could build our own kit, own color, and get them for a killer price.

They started working on the 2011 MAG back in 2007 and no-one except the team working on them knew about it. These 89 + shoes are already made, boxed and ready to ship. There won't a factory leak.

The only way we will see copies of these shoes out of China is if someone lucky enough to win these sells them.

How long did it take the Chinese to score a pair of 2011s? Almost 5 years and then they paraded the same pair around all the resellers to build hype for months before we learned about any seller that actually had the shoes and would deliver.

I'm all for seeing these sold at a lower price, but one thing the Chinese learned after the games in 2008 is that is OK to charge the western world a bit more because if they want it, they will pay for it. That is why these are still $500.

You might be able to buy parts (I know soles have been sold separately) but you won't get these without lights and not glued down.

Impossible to fool the sneakerheads on ebay, ok the blue soles are easy to fake, but the shape of the mid sole, the fact that people will probably ask you to show the shoes adapt lace (i hate the word powerlace because they're not powerlace but slowlace), will put a game over to fake RDs on the market.

Nobody says they will fool a sneaker head. These scam artists look for that one unknowledgable person who will buy the item. Just like the Nigerian email scams. Your typical person won't fall for it, but they are banking on the fact that sooner or later someone will. Take Chibson guitars. They look pretty convincing to a real Gibson but a true player/collector can usually spot it. Yet they post them all over Craigslist since there is no buyer protection. All it takes is one uneducated buyer to come along and they took a $200 Chinese knockoff and made a cool $1000 profit. So inevitably a knockoff shoe would find its way on to eBay. It might not sell for months but there are people willing to try and let it ride.

NIKE MAG with power lacing is now full of inaccuracies just like every other BTTF II official prop.

I'm sure Star Wars fans don't have to deal with this level of grief.

i saw a video of the designers saying they started development of the shoes because of a signed petition of 30000 people back in 2004
why dont we start a petition asking for Mcfly's jacket lol? from nike or jordan of course

i saw a video of the designers saying they started development of the shoes because of a signed petition of 30000 people back in 2004
why dont we start a petition asking for Mcfly's jacket lol? from nike or jordan of course

because all the pettion I saw where not really a success... The last one we did here barely got up to 100 signatures crying for a Mag release for the large public :/
And now that the BTTF Day belong to the Past, all that hype is getting down...

And if this is going to be made : DON'T ASK NIKE or JORDAN ! Or you won't get anything affordable for the fans (IF you can get anything at all). This have to be made by a Fashion company who deals with technology embeded inside. But they wn't be able to get the licence for that I guess... :/

I find it "funny" how Nike is making available like 16 total pairs of the power lace Mags, and they bitch and moan about how fragile the laces are and tell you not to really wear them, and the battery doesn't last long (Tiffany said just 2 hours if you have the lights on?!?!?!?!), etc, etc, etc. Too much to go wrong for a wide release, bla bla bla.

BUT, then they come out with these (video below) for retail sale. Battery life: 2 weeks. Not fragile. Can do anything in them, play sports, run, whatever.

What the hell am I missing here? The "power laces" even sound the same!!!! And there are lights!!!! (although I'm guessing the bottom light doesn't stay on continuously)

A bunch of miserable lying a55holes. I still believe they could release more of the Mags if they wanted to. But they don't. Because they're a55holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xcxn7pOYCg

Note the shoe is actually based on the MAG. Minimal seams, relatively clean design. They still look like grand-pa shoes though. The coolest part of the magnetic induction charging system.

So what do you guys think Nike is gonna do with the pairs that people are trying on in NY? I can't imagine those would be part of the auction.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back