Nick Van Owen Costume - The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Rymo

Sr Member
I wasn't able to find any other threads specifically about Nick Van Owen's costume from The Lost World, so here we go.

First up is the vest Nick is seen wearing throughout most of the film.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 1.48.27 PM.png

The vest is a Willis & Geiger Bush Poplin Skeleton Coast Photojournalist Safari Vest.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
Great work as usual Rymo.

For anyone wondering, the brand of Willis & Geiger Bush is VERY expensive and is no longer even a company. So you'll only find stuff second hand.

I did a few searches for vintage olive t-shirts from the mid ninties. It doesn't seem as critical as it's not really "unique" I guess, but it would be nice to know for sure. The hang up I'm having is finding anything with that unique collar.

This is fantastic! Do you mind if I create a Nick Van Owen costuming guide on Jurassic-Pedia using this information? All due credit will be to you, of course!

Great work as usual Rymo.

For anyone wondering, the brand of Willis & Geiger Bush is VERY expensive and is no longer even a company. So you'll only find stuff second hand.

I did a few searches for vintage olive t-shirts from the mid ninties. It doesn't seem as critical as it's not really "unique" I guess, but it would be nice to know for sure. The hang up I'm having is finding anything with that unique collar.
Indeed. Most of Roland's costume is made up of Willis & Geiger items, including his jacket, belt, and hat. Sarah Harding's "lucky pack" is also a Willis & Geiger item. Here's a pic of me wearing the hat and jacket at the both of the original Game Trail filming locations. :D
GL6Bs7U.png

cWsxagL.jpg

Last edited:
I've been trying to identify that shirt as well. The closest match to that style of collar that I've been able to find is a Tommy Hilfiger sweater from the 90's. The stitching looks very similar to me. I haven't been able to find a t-shirt with that same style of collar, though.
CollarComp.jpg

I think I made an ID on the bolt cutters that Nick used to bust the dinosaurs out of the cages and snip the fuel lines on the InGen jeeps.

14inch Tekton bolt cutters. I don't think Nick's actually removing the handles on them like it appears in the movie, but rather just removing the non slip grips off the handles to make slipping them in and out of his vest pocket easier. They have the same head design: bolted flat bar over the jaw with two adjustment screws.
XQgak9C.png

3iMPVRk.png

92S5d6S.jpg

Attachments

• hlMQQc0.jpg
    hlMQQc0.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 253
I recently picked up Nick's watch. I re-purposed a Casio watch stand for it. I painted the stand and added a custom label.

nick watch.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back