Nice-N Model Design message to all Studio Scalers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owed list forwarded: I surely would appreciate it if you guys could update me when your items arrive. I want your received items off my list.........pretty please!!!! Oh and for you escape pod related folks, I'll have news on that front once these TIE fighters are resolved. :)

2. ave4uevoli Hero TIE with Koolshade
3. Lazyeagle Standard TIE,Y wing (shipped.)
4. Gatorbait9696 TIE
7. GF Shuttle Tyderium, TIE pilot and wing parts.
8. voodocaster upgrade ATST ROTJ larger legs, missing kit parts from ATST ROTJ.
10. Jedimaster Replacement cockpit canopy for Shuttle Tyderium (cast)
14 Gort probe droid, snowspeeder parts.
15 neojun77 TIE with metal armature (armeture shipped)
18 Cosmic-X 2x 1/12 Warrior Bugs
21 Viceland Escape Pod replacement hull
22 Satazius replacement Escape Pod body
24 JLinNY standard TIE Wings, he will send stars back to steve when he receives the wings
25 Mbmfarland Armature (shipped)
26 Darth Kukiman few finished SS models (SS X-Wing recieved)

Okay. Let me explain the reasons I came in late.

First: I only found out about the list relatively recently.

Second: I didn't want to be a pain and badger Steve. I am patient, even though I have been waiting about 2 years (which I can prove with emails if needed), but again I know Steve is busy and doing his best to accommodate.

Third: I did not initially want to air it publicly because I thought it was prudent to keep it between us. The thing that changed my mind and got me to post was on the advice of a mutual... that is MUTUAL... friend who insisted that I should get my name on the list.

Oh, and I see my name was removed from the forwarded list. Thanks to whoever decided I'm not a valid person.

Sheesh.

Last edited:
Okay. Let me explain the reasons I came in late.

First: I only found out about the list relatively recently.

Second: I didn't want to be a pain and badger Steve. I am patient, even though I have been waiting about 2 years (which I can prove with emails if needed), but again I know Steve is busy and doing his best to accommodate.

Third: I did not initially want to air it publicly because I thought it was prudent to keep it between us. The thing that changed my mind and got me to post was on the advice of a mutual... that is MUTUAL... friend who insisted that I should get my name on the list.

Those are all valid reasons. It is annoying for those involved since clearing this matter is dragged out unnecessarily (and for the late comers too), but...

Oh, and I see my name was removed from the forwarded list. Thanks to whoever decided I'm not a valid person.

Sheesh.

... people still have to prove that they make a valid claim. You need to contact Dave and Steve in this matter and then you will be put on the list back again. I don´t think that´s an unreasonable way of trying to keep things under control.

Michael
RPF staff

Vaderdarth: I already contacted Steve, sent him an email reminding him as he asked me to do a few posts ago. Haven't heard back yet, but it's only been a couple of days.

Let me just say this.... If the kit arrives, I will IMMEDIATELY come on here and PRAISE Steve to the max. Yes, even to Commander Max! LOL!

Point is, Steve does amazing work and I want to see him continue to offer his products here on this forum as well as elsewhere. He deserves high kudos for the stuff he's making and I want him to succeed.

I personally don't care how long he takes to deliver as long as it eventually arrives because I know a lot of what he's going through. Sometimes you just get overwhelmed. It sneaks up on you and you find yourself scrambling.

But of course the sooner the better, as I'd love to build the TIE in time for a convention in Halifax later this year.

Hey guys.

Need to post a update. As most of you know January was not a good month for me do to surgery and complications from the surgery. Was feeling better then got bronchial pneumonia resulting back to the hospital in Feb. I was told because of the back to back anesthesia made me more susceptible to lung problems…

On last report I am recovering but if you have any idea how you feel with this.. there is no work being done. I am sorry for that. I am slowly recovering from this last bout.

WARNING to folks casting and sanding resins!! The doctor said I had areas in my lungs that look to be scared. He stated it could be from the 15 years of casting resin. He also stated sanding and breathing the non-organic resin dust may be the cause….

USE A CHARCOL RESPRORATOR MASK WHEN CASTING AND SANDING RESINS!! When the lung tissue is gone it does not replace itself… so don’t do what I did all these years…. Wear your protective gear!

Propcollector, Mark, I’ve called 2 times and have left messages for you.. please gimme a call and I can let you know the plan on the shuttle.

TIE FIGHTER guys.. like I said the pattern is done all it needs is molded and cast to complete the hero kits I have all other parts ready to go.

TIE standard guys.. The new grown Koolshade sample will be done this week. Once I receive it and get back into the shop it will be molded and master patterns made to create the new hero wing master..

During my time in the hospital this past time EFX sent me the prototype TIE FIGHTER!! I put it together and it is sharp looking.. I have a buddy coming over to take pictures of it and I’ll post it here first.

All owed kits.... I will endeavor to satisfy the owed list as soon as possible. I may hire casters to complete the list as I have done in the past to make sure these go out sooner rather than later. Looks like due to health issues caused by the casting process and dust caused by not taking protective measures may have done permanent damage I must consider all options when it comes to continuing producing garage kits in the future.

If you are owed a kit I will satisfy the order. Please try not to worry... You will not be left hanging I promise you that.

Trust me I just wanna start feeling better! Cause it sucks! trust me!

Steve

I spoke to Steve this morning. He spends most of the call coughing. Sounds like whooping cough. Pneumonia is a *****. Being in the medical field, I certainly feel for my friend. Pneumonia can feel like a truck hit you. It keeps you from getting the oxygen you need which wipes you out. Makes you weak. I'm just glad he's feeling better this week. He sounds like he's over the extreme worst anyway. He's still got a good ways to go however. At least from the sounds of his coughing.

Dave :)

I can vouch for this . I spoke with steve yesterday also. Poor lad sounded like he was coughing up a lung for a while there.

When you talk to Steve, please tell him that I am done PM,ing and emailing regarding my Iron Man reveal mask parts. Ask him to please just return the pieces I sent him so I can have someone else cast them. My son has been crying for his mask for 4 months now and I cant take it much longer. It is breaking my heart that I cant keep my promise and make this kit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back