News about the new pred movie

Is this Non-Threatening? XD
Ollie.jpg

LOL. Seriously though, I agree, the name doesn't sound threatening, guess we'll just have to see, right? Btw, the above artwork ain't mine, just googled 1 quickly. Pred above is by dementedink from Deviantart :)

Agree to with your last sentence above bro :)

“Boyd Holbrook is Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (characters name might change), an elite soldier suffering from serious PTSD now working covert ops around the world. His team is trying to assassinate a drug lord in Cuba when the story begins.

Jacob Tremblay is Rory McKenna. The estranged 12-year-old son of Quinn Mckenna who lives with his mother. He’s an autistic genius who gets bullied at school.

Olivia Munn is Casey Brackett. She’s a science professor at Berkeley who’s an expert in Evolutionary biology. Basically the Amy Adams character from Arrival in the Predator universe.

Sterling K. Brown is CIA Agent Traeger. He works for an off-the-book organization who’s known the Predator’s existence for a while. He captures Lt. McKenna and recruits to help investigate the situation.

The story takes places 30 years after the events of the first and second movies. A predator spacecraft crashes in Cuba during covert ops run by Lt. McKenna. Before being captured by the CIA and Traeger, he sends part of the downed Predator armor by mail to his son Rory. After the supposedly “comatose” Predator is revived, a race for the missing tech brings all the characters together face-to-face with something much more nefarious… THE PREDATOR 2.0 A ten feet tall genetically enhanced and more advanced Predator who will crash the McKenna family reunion in suburbia.

What else does Shane Black have in store for us? Predator dogs, a ragtag team of Army lunatics, and more weird space hybrids.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping into a role once earmarked for Benicio Del Toro – issues with scheduling ultimately forced the Sicario star to pass up on Black’s franchise revival – here Holbrook teases the ways in which The Predator blends elements from a number of genres, not to mention how Black is cooking up “something totally new” in time for 2018.

“I’m currently working on Predator. It’s not a sequel; Shane Black has made something totally new, somehow keeping within the realm of Predator [while also being] absolutely new in terms of the story that we’re talking about today, and rooted in something real. It’s real fresh. I don’t think you’re going to see [Arnold] Schwarzenegger. It would kind of make it a gimmick. It’s horror, science-fiction and a western.”

If early reports hold true, Holbrook will take point as Special Forces commando Quinn McKenna, leading an ensemble cast comprised of Sterling K. Brown (Black Panther), Olivia Munn, Trevante Rhodes, Keegan-Michael Key, Thomas Jane and Room breakout Jacob Tremblay. What’s more, despite rumors to the contrary, it seems Arnold Schwarzenegger won’t be swinging by for a cameo role after all.

Now teetering on the verge of production, The Predator is on course to debut on February 9th in the States. Logan, meanwhile, is booked in for theatrical release on March 3rd.

I read that. I'm pretty sure the plot regarding the Predator is false as I feel Shane Black understands the fan base a little more regarding the Predators design and what kind of story we are looking for. Additionally they are running with the suburbia line which Black has denied.

However should this be true :sick: *Barf*!

“Boyd Holbrook is Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (characters name might change), an elite soldier suffering from serious PTSD now working covert ops around the world. His team is trying to assassinate a drug lord in Cuba when the story begins.

Jacob Tremblay is Rory McKenna. The estranged 12-year-old son of Quinn Mckenna who lives with his mother. He’s an autistic genius who gets bullied at school.

Olivia Munn is Casey Brackett. She’s a science professor at Berkeley who’s an expert in Evolutionary biology. Basically the Amy Adams character from Arrival in the Predator universe.

Sterling K. Brown is CIA Agent Traeger. He works for an off-the-book organization who’s known the Predator’s existence for a while. He captures Lt. McKenna and recruits to help investigate the situation.

The story takes places 30 years after the events of the first and second movies. A predator spacecraft crashes in Cuba during covert ops run by Lt. McKenna. Before being captured by the CIA and Traeger, he sends part of the downed Predator armor by mail to his son Rory. After the supposedly “comatose” Predator is revived, a race for the missing tech brings all the characters together face-to-face with something much more nefarious… THE PREDATOR 2.0 A ten feet tall genetically enhanced and more advanced Predator who will crash the McKenna family reunion in suburbia.

What else does Shane Black have in store for us? Predator dogs, a ragtag team of Army lunatics, and more weird space hybrids.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping into a role once earmarked for Benicio Del Toro – issues with scheduling ultimately forced the Sicario star to pass up on Black’s franchise revival – here Holbrook teases the ways in which The Predator blends elements from a number of genres, not to mention how Black is cooking up “something totally new” in time for 2018.

“I’m currently working on Predator. It’s not a sequel; Shane Black has made something totally new, somehow keeping within the realm of Predator [while also being] absolutely new in terms of the story that we’re talking about today, and rooted in something real. It’s real fresh. I don’t think you’re going to see [Arnold] Schwarzenegger. It would kind of make it a gimmick. It’s horror, science-fiction and a western.”

If early reports hold true, Holbrook will take point as Special Forces commando Quinn McKenna, leading an ensemble cast comprised of Sterling K. Brown (Black Panther), Olivia Munn, Trevante Rhodes, Keegan-Michael Key, Thomas Jane and Room breakout Jacob Tremblay. What’s more, despite rumors to the contrary, it seems Arnold Schwarzenegger won’t be swinging by for a cameo role after all.

Now teetering on the verge of production, The Predator is on course to debut on February 9th in the States. Logan, meanwhile, is booked in for theatrical release on March 3rd.

Holy ******, this sounds like absolute dog ****. If this were actually true, it would be the second time the morons in Hollywood would surprise me by making a movie that is so bad, it's actually worse than its predecessor. Didn't think it could get any worse after the AvP films, but then we got that cancerous turd, Predators and now this?

What the f*ck is this ****? Also, crashing the family reunion in suburbia? LOL Now I know this is all a hoax. If it's not, then I'm sure the only autistic people are whoever wrote this garbage thinking it would make for a good Predator film. By the way, if any one that put Predators together reads this, I want you to know that your movie and deformed predators were TRASH.

I read recently that Jake Busey is also going to be in the movie. In what context I don't know. Obviously I would assume he will be playing the son of Peter Keys (Gary Busey).

I'm not thrilled with the kid being in the movie. It just adds an unnecessary element. I am keeping my fingers crossed that because Shane Black is handling it, it will keep more to the theme of the original Predator. Meaning that the Pred is actually a badass once again, and not some thing that Danny Glover can take out :)

If anybody didn't know Ali, who played Mombasa in Predators won an Oscar :)
That makes Predators the only film in the Predator franchise to feature two Oscar winners.

predators_23.jpg

So three more people have joined the cast of "The Predator". As Derek said, Jake Busey is now a part of the cast, and the additional two are Augusto Aguilera , and Edward James Olmos. Any thoughts on these three in particular being cast since production started?
Jake-Busey.jpg Augusto+Aguilera+BODY+ESPYs+Pre+Party+-l_0hbm-56Hl.jpg MV5BMjEzODQzODQ4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDczMTkxNw@@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Jake-Busey.jpg

Augusto+Aguilera+BODY+ESPYs+Pre+Party+-l_0hbm-56Hl.jpg

MV5BMjEzODQzODQ4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDczMTkxNw@@._V1_UY317_CR13,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Damn ... heads will roll if that's the case ... I can double down behind the idea of using motioncapture for fights and other more speedy actions but these guys ALSO said it the plot takes place in suburbia which has been denied for a while now, not sure why they continue running with that, and even continue spinning the story with speculation that there is interest in using the pred for war ...
Then again I doubt Studio ADI would have been hired if the Pred (s) were all CGI ...

Last edited:
I messaged my friend in Vancouver who did pre-production design work on the film. He said there is Predators in costume suits as well as a larger cgi Predator. So all is not bad.

Well Production on Predator: World of Tanks is being Wrapped up today. Now we wait until 2018 for promotions to start up ... not sure about 20th Century Fox's plan to continue destroying it's franchises with movies like this and "Alien": Fassbenders Covenant ....

Well said LunaticNic. Seeing pics with Preds riding armored vehicles with humans like they have 'Spring Break' time makes me nervous. So fearing the worse and hoping for the best. But I guess the 80's with movie plot focused around the Yautja and not around love, greenhouse effect, gluten free & commercial brand endorsements are long gone now I suppose. Long live the Predator & $$$

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back