News about the new pred movie

I wasn't saying he was bad in t5, just bad to have him be so "cheesey" with the lines he was given. I'm hopeful that if he comes back to the predators franchise then it will bring it back to life and not be the nail in the coffin.
On to a slight change, I hope that there's another AvP somewhere down the line, based on the original dark horse AvP comics and that hack writer Paul W S Anderson(the man with the turdus touch-every thing he touches turns to ****!)

I enjoyed the Predators take on the mythos though I think it adds very little to it. My biggest concern/complaint is it made the preds look to soft. In P1 a single pred nearly wipes out two elite military outfits. Don't forget what happened to Hopper and his men. In Predators, three preds can't even manage a rag tag bunch of killers. Thought it was more or less weak story design. There were elements I liked but felt over all it was lacking in substance and over flowing in f-bombs. I really hope Black sticks more to the original story.

First, second and third. A lot of them are actually saying P2's timeline doesn't affect P1 and Predators too much (Basically new comers can watch Predators straight after P1). P1 and Predators are definitely connected though, as much as a lot of peeps here don't like it. Remember Isabelle's dialogue, about how she's heard stories about her people calling the Predators "el demonio que hace trofeos de los hombres".. ? Predators is LEGIT. Majority of the writers responsible or who's had a hand in the franchise stick to this rule.

Most agree though that AVP is totally in their own bubble, so non canon.

Again, I'm not insisting, I'm just stating what I've read up on most fan sites, and the xenopedia(avp wikia, etc..), and most, if not all these sites always state that everything in this franchise is not 'bullet proof'. Unless we can get the brothers Jim and John Thomas to state something concrete about their creation, it's all up for debate. :)

The only connection between Predator and the subsequent abomination, Predators, is that Predators is a poorly thought out, poorly written, shoddy attempt at making a reboot film derived from the original Predator movie in a loose sense, featuring three awful looking, bastardized versions of the iconic Stan Winston movie monster.

A character in Predators repeating a line from the first movie doesn't make them canonically linked at all. Predators is legit CRAP and is in its own bubble, or more appropriately, toilet.

AVP, AVP-R and Predators were just ******** money grabs on the part of FOX and did nothing for the movie canon, nor were they linked to the original like P2 was.

The movie Predators was DEFINITELY not crap. It may have had crap stuff in it that you personally did not like pertaining to the yautja and other developments but the movie in and of itself was one of the greatest if not the greatest Predator movies. While the original predators movie is extremely well done many moments in it just seemed fake to me in that they weren't believable. That the EXPERT team would separate and get picked off one by one was one part of it and the way the commandos acted seemed like it was from a B movie. Predators on the other hand was mostly realistic in that the way the team acted was professional. Almost no hip firing or spraying , they kept together mostly and they generally all got killed together/ on screen. The other brilliant part of the Predators movie was it's theme. It's title Predators is talking more than about the new berserker; it's referring to the doctor. He was a predator as well in the end and the whole movie he was hiding in plain sight. They were showing us that there REAL LIFE predators thE are similar to the yautja: camouflaged, cold, deadly, adaptive and cruel. That was my fAvorite part of the movie. I also liked it cuz it wasn't trying to be the new Canon type of movie. It referenced the first one a lot in that it had a group of elite soldiers working together, the members get picked off slowly leaving the main characters for the showdown at the end, and it also made u love the original one more. So far all that I've read is mostly bashing on the new berserkers and saying that the old original ones are the best. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the writers did it on purpose? Heck they even put the original predator on the GOOD side so that you would be cheering for him. The viewer is no longer split between wanting the human to win and the yautja to win. In this case the two LOVED characters are on the same side fighting the enemy that EVERYVODY hates...

Yes the AVP movies did not have the greatest plot but I again liked how they put the two characters that the audience cheers for on the same side. There would be no way for the aliens to be on anybody's team, they're like the daleks on Doctor Who, they and they alone are supreme and will kill anything that is not what they are. They united the fan bases of the two most successful alien movies in a decent film. What other vs movies do u know of that are decent? Most of them are B or even C movies. Sharktopus vs two headed shark or movies like that are nowhere near the caliber of avp. They even referenced the two founders of the evil weyland and yutani companies who end up screwing things up for Ripley in the Alien movies. They don't explain much at all but at least they include ties from both movies that make it plausible that Goth happen in the same universe. I am also a big Alien fan and I really liked the similarities and references they put in there to the original movies but this is Predator so xD...

While I can agree with a few of your points, to simply accept bad stories, and furthermore be thankful for a lack luster film is a part of what gets us a cashcow sequel. AvP heavily relied on the audiences nostalgia, and the previous titles credit. Predators was a step back in the right direction, however still falls short on many levels. I also wasn't a fan of scar teaming up with a human.

And I'm afraid of what may come with the new Predator being named "Ollie" ... doesn't sound particularly threatening ... any thoughts on the name?

You all know dam well that it doesn't matter whether the film is good or bad we are all still going to watch it , not just once but several times and even if we hate it we will find something that we like and then we'll watch it again because we have a craving for it, and then one of us will build a costume. I guarantee it !

You all know dam well that it doesn't matter whether the film is good or bad we are all still going to watch it , not just once but several times and even if we hate it we will find something that we like and then we'll watch it again because we have a craving for it, and then one of us will build a costume. I guarantee it !
That's true, but I'd hate for it to keep going that way.

Nothing will ever recapture the feeling of the first film because we know to much nothing is a surprise we know how a predator acts ! The loss of anticipation dooms most sequels. And my personal opinion is stop making predator the good guy. its not cool

I'll definately watch it...regardless if it's what I really wanted or I loathe it. There's Yautja in it and that's enough for me I spose, I mean I kept going back to Transformers and they basically shat on my chidlhood lol

So they'll start filming soon,and IMDb still has the Predators name listed as "Ollie" so lets pray to the Gods of the Hunt it is indeed, as Mauler said, a red herring.

That aside how do you guys feel about the cast ? So far we've got Boyd Holbrook, Olivia Munn (who is rumored to play a scientist), Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Sterling K. Brown, and Jacob Tremblay (rumored to be the main characters autistic son who has a knack for deciphering languages)

... As for my opinion I'm not too impressed. :/ That's not to say I won't go watch it, but in my opinion it isn't looking good so far. I'm most concerned about a lead role in a predator movie going to a child (Aside from the Predator being named Ollie). I can't see him fitting into the movie(as I imagine it to be) very well, and doesn't seem to be in the spirit of Predator. The most I can see use for is just that "Ollie" will spare him similar to City Hunter sparing the female cop (forgot her name) due to being pregnant, and jungle hunter sparing Anna due to being unarmed. I also hope the rumor about Tremblay's character is incorrect as I really don't want to see an autistic kid being dragged along to hopefully translate some notes the predator was nice enough to leave behind. boyd-holbrook.jpg Olivia.jpg Keegan.jpgTrevante.jpg sterling.jpg Tremblay.jpg

I really hope they aren't trying to make the predator more personable (sort of like scar) with the name currently attached to him.

boyd-holbrook.jpg

Olivia.jpg

Keegan.jpg

sterling.jpg

Trevante.jpg

Tremblay.jpg

So they'll start filming soon,and IMDb still has the Predators name listed as "Ollie" so lets pray to the Gods of the Hunt it is indeed, as Mauler said, a red herring.

That aside how do you guys feel about the cast ? So far we've got Boyd Holbrook, Olivia Munn (who is rumored to play a scientist), Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Sterling K. Brown, and Jacob Tremblay (rumored to be the main characters autistic son who has a knack for deciphering languages)

... As for my opinion I'm not too impressed. :/ That's not to say I won't go watch it, but in my opinion it isn't looking good so far. I'm most concerned about a lead role in a predator movie going to a child (Aside from the Predator being named Ollie). I can't see him fitting into the movie(as I imagine it to be) very well, and doesn't seem to be in the spirit of Predator. The most I can see use for is just that "Ollie" will spare him similar to City Hunter sparing the female cop (forgot her name) due to being pregnant, and jungle hunter sparing Anna due to being unarmed. I also hope the rumor about Tremblay's character is incorrect as I really don't want to see an autistic kid being dragged along to hopefully translate some notes the predator was nice enough to leave behind.View attachment 219063 View attachment 219064 View attachment 219065View attachment 219067 View attachment 219066 View attachment 219068

I really hope they aren't trying to make the predator more personable (sort of like scar) with the name currently attached to him.
I am personally excited that Keegan Michael key is gonna be in the movie because I know he is a great actor. I sure as heck hope Ollie is just something to mess with the fans and I hope it's not a familyish based type of movie...

The designs for the new movie will vary significantly. They will streamline the gauntlet and helmet, etc. Guaranteed. You won't have this clunky sheet metal gauntlet like in the other movies. It's just like all movies now and remakes. They add so much detail to props and costumes now..... because they can.

To a certain extent, it's a shame to go too far with things and veer away from the original look.

I agree with Mauler, it's most likely a Red Herring, or maybe, worst case, ‘Ollie’ is the moniker the oomans give the ‘Predator’ because, the soft ones can’t pronounce it’s real name. Like how we call Scar, Wolf, Broken Tusk, etc.. Which, isn’t real bad when you think about it. I’ll always watch Olivia Munn in anything, because, Olivia Munn. I’ve been a fan of Holbrook ever since Narcos, and I think he’ll bring a good amount of seriousness and cool as factor into it. Keegan will most likely be the comic relief, which is always good in a certain amount in any movie (not too much though). I don’t know how Curtis Jackson will fit into all of it, but kinda 50/50 on his casting. No pun intended. I actually like the idea of the autistic kid in the storyline (if it is indeed true), and it gives that kind of ‘Newt’ vibe in Aliens, which I’ve always loved.

I’m really hopeful for this one, I mean, if Shane Blacks’ last 2 movies are any indication (heck, throw in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which also did pretty well in the critical response department), at the least, it’s gonna be one fun ride. I really enjoyed Nice Guys btw. And, I mean, he was part of the original Predator fellas, he’s not gonna let us down. I hope ;P

I'm worried that it will be hokey. Production companies haven't done a great job of depicting the Predators as the super badasses that they are supposed to be. Adding a comedy element to is might be okay if they handle it like Bill Paxton in Aliens. In the end, how hard can it be to make a film that just doesn't suck. Seems like a fairly simple formula.

Between Scar, Wolf, Berserker, Chopper, Celtic, Falconer, Jungle Hunter, etc. "Ollie" is just so non threating, and sort of boring to me.
But really? You want to see that kid running around in between the mayhem (a predator is supposed to cause)? I mean newt was just scarred and a sole survivor due to her ability to stay hidden. The Aliens were impartial to her and would have used her as a host, whereas the predator would tend to spare children (unless things change?). So the stakes for the character seem pretty low, and I can't say I'm looking for some sort of "friendship" between the pred and humans. Just want to see a good hunt, new and old weapons, skulls and spinal columns being torn from dead bodies (and as a cherry on top the hunter makes it and leaves).

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back