News about the new pred movie

Id like the feeling you get from the first film but a different take on the predator but not to stupid looking and keep a bit of mystique. Knowing to much keeps the mystery away. I prefer the story to be about the characters first

Predator wise I'd be extremely happy if they stuck to the p1 or wolf face wise, unfortunately I'm a sucker for berserker build, colors and scales, however I absolutely don't want to see another carbon copy. I hate the laziness involved in carbon copies. If they do a carbon copy it should only be biology wise, not armor, and weapons.

Last edited:
I would also like to so the predator more back in the stance of horror, to actually "fear" it. To add to the fact of how miniscule humans are beside them. The past few films I feel made it more and more so that we have a "common standing ground" with them. I feel the movie should shock people back into understanding we are just Prey, and nothing more lol.

I don't want to break this to you but Shane is gonna make something in the vein of the first two movies
he even wants Arnold back.He thinks Predators is a cheap B flick.

I would personally not mind having a story solely on the predators (i.e. no to very few human characters). This might pose a threat to creating empathy with the audience, but I feel it can be done right. I however do not know what the conflict would be in such a story. They are most probably not going to do something like that, so instead I would like to see something along the first two movies, but only very lightly from the second. No city hunting, no feds, no unbelievable fighting off the predator (as in that last fight with the Berserker in Predators), no weird super predators, no knowing too much and no unbelievable convenience for whoever is the prey.

I don't want to break this to you but Shane is gonna make something in the vein of the first two movies
he even wants Arnold back.He thinks Predators is a cheap B flick.

no.jpg

I've always thought about it as such, in my head, it made more sense, than say, protective clothing. Didn't mean to insist, apologies if it sounded that way. And..saw it hereView attachment 130787

AVP Wikia (http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_(Predator)) states this:
'Another common piece of Yautja clothing is a heated wire mesh undersuit with temperature control elements to help the Predator adapt to the harshest of cold environments.[13] Other items, such as the...'

Yautjaencyclopedia (http://yautjaencyclope.altervista.org/armor.html), under Hunter padding, has this to say as well..
The padding is a basic mesh that does not offer much more protection to the thick hide of the Hunters already. Most are designed as armored jump suits meant for casual wear in the corridors of their dark vessels. This is the closest they get to flight suits. This provides electric-generated warmth, keeping the Yautja warm even at -50 degrees Celsius. A component of the camouflage device's circuitry allows cloaking of un-armoured body parts.

So yeah, lots of different uses, and from a technical stand point and lore wise, no one really knows.. ;P

not sure how much of that is "canon". the heated wire thing was in on of the comics but the cloaking thing has (to my knowledge) never been offcially explained beyond the fact it's controlled by the gauntlet.

Exactly, never been explained. Like I said, it's pretty much all up in our heads. There's really not much 'canon' and SWS are really lax on their creative license hold over the Franchise/IP. Heck, even the games aren't considered canon. :)

First, second and third. A lot of them are actually saying P2's timeline doesn't affect P1 and Predators too much (Basically new comers can watch Predators straight after P1). P1 and Predators are definitely connected though, as much as a lot of peeps here don't like it. Remember Isabelle's dialogue, about how she's heard stories about her people calling the Predators "el demonio que hace trofeos de los hombres".. ? Predators is LEGIT. Majority of the writers responsible or who's had a hand in the franchise stick to this rule.

Most agree though that AVP is totally in their own bubble, so non canon.

Again, I'm not insisting, I'm just stating what I've read up on most fan sites, and the xenopedia(avp wikia, etc..), and most, if not all these sites always state that everything in this franchise is not 'bullet proof'. Unless we can get the brothers Jim and John Thomas to state something concrete about their creation, it's all up for debate. :)

A b movie dont meen a bad story or a bad film. Just a lower budget or unknown dirictor. Chucking lots of money at a film wont make a good film its all about the story and how its told. thats why some b movies become clasics and a lot of big budget films fade in to obscurity . Having the money to film anything doesn't mean you should. Sometimes it pays to be more creative and film less but create an atmosphere. P1 is a b movie but one of the best

After reading all the posts on here let me say this. Out of all the pred movies, there's been some good stuff, there's been some bad stuff, but at the end of the day no matter which film you personally think is the best, you're still gonna go see the new one when it comes out.......right?

On a side note, as much as I would love arnie to come back to the predators franchise, look what happened to terminator "Old but not obsolete!" LOL

Terminator is pointless crap since T3, and for the record Arnold was the only good thing in T5.
With a real director and a good script Arnold will be perfect for The Predator and will wash
the bad taste Predators left in our mouths.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back