New Wolf Bio Mask (From 3D To Resin)

J Sauto, thank you!

Now it's time to sculpt details and fix some errors. Poxipol, Milliput and some other epoxy stuff (Smooh-On FreeForm AIR for sculpting on inner side).
DSC05563.jpg

Thanks bro i finally got the small and large files. Now i jusy have to print them out and start gluing them. For your glue do what do you use? I use regular white school glue

The Sculptor said:
For your glue do what do you use? I use regular white school glue
I use PVA too. I prefer to glue the aquarel paper (200 g/m2) with constructional PVA (took half liter in shop).

Can I ask a stupid question? Do you put the resin over top of the paper on the outside of the bio, the inside, or both? Just wondering why you sand off the paper, though it would make sense depending where you put the resin.

Some of you prop makers out there blow me away, yet inspire me at the same time. I'd like to make a brother boar/P1 hybrid bio one day...just gotta get the minerals to do it.

Magnus said:
Can I ask a stupid question? Do you put the resin over top of the paper on the outside of the bio, the inside, or both? Just wondering why you sand off the paper, though it would make sense depending where you put the resin.
It's not a stupid question, i guess.
I prefer do not work with paper layers when sanding and priming. Paper is not a best surface for putty and primer even impregnated with epoxy resin. Epoxy resin (so as liquid compounds like SmoothCast) cannot impregnate microporosity of cellulose in whole paper thickness, especially with inclusions (like chalk and others) in paper types for aquarelle and graphics (over 200 g/m2). Liquid primer and paint on surface with paper parts gives spotty and uneven surface.

Now I prefer to cover model only from the inside. Paper from the outside surface can be easily erase with wet sandpaper or hard brush.

In fact that's interior of the Elder mask, but we cannot see Wolf's original. Some of details in original mask made of Panzer Tiger WWII plastic scale model (wheels, tracks, shafts, hatches) and the hand bomb from AvP movie.

th_normal_adibook41.jpg

DSC05679.jpg

This is coming along nicely.  I love how you toss out the first helmet for more accuracy in the second.  You're definitely on the right path and the inner details look amazing.  (y) What will you do with the helmet textures this time around?

Amazing. I'm a total newb and just starting out with attempting the bio mask. I've downloaded Pepakura and when I print out the file for some reason it prints the sections in very small segments. Is there a "how to print out crap" tutorial for pepakura? Do you need a non-standard printer, or will regular legal paper work?

- Talon

A Hunter's Moon said:
What will you do with the helmet textures this time around?
Thank you! I'll do this the old way with engraver + spherical grinding stone. Maybe i'll smooth the resulting surface with abrasive sponge after that. Then will be priming, polishing and making silicone mold, i think.
Talon said:
I'm a total newb and just starting out with attempting the bio mask. I've downloaded Pepakura and when I print out the file for some reason it prints the sections in very small segments. Is there a "how to print out crap" tutorial for pepakura? Do you need a non-standard printer, or will regular legal paper work?
Thank you! I used my friend's laser printer for my own masks. My files made for A3 sheets (420 x 297 mm), maybe you'll try this attached file for A4 (297 x 210 mm)? Or you can use Pepakura Designer and remake files for your own paper format (letter or B3-4 standarts).

Attachments

• wolf_unfolded_2_2_small_A4.zip
    293.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:
This is off the hook!  I am amazed at what you've done with paper and resin!  Can't wait to see the finished thing.

Brian

NeXXt said:
Thank you! I'll do this the old way with engraver + spherical grinding stone. Maybe i'll smooth the resulting surface with abrasive sponge after that.

Awesome.  Softening the texturing would be the only suggestion I'd even make.  Looking great!

Thanks, colleagues!
That's almost whole set of interior elements of the mask. But still need sculpt some elements for eyes (borders) and seats for other plastic details. I used apoxy plasticine (two-omponent like Milliput or GS).

DSC05774-1.jpg

DSC05778.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back