New Trek Props / Star Trek XI

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by alienscollection.com, Apr 21, 2006.

1. alienscollection.com

alienscollection.com Master Member

2. phase pistol

phase pistol Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

3. WinstonWolf359

WinstonWolf359 Sr Member

I've personally never liked the notion that Kirk, Spock, and McCoy all went to the Academy together.

I also really don't want to see Cadet Kirk and Spock...If they want to use those characters they should just set the film during THE five-year mission so we can see our heroes in their prime, NOT as trainees...

4. rad1701

rad1701 Sr Member

This makes no sense. Spock was with Pike on the Enterprise when Kirk was there. I mean Spock was in Starfleet decades before Kirk. Unless Spock is some kind of instructor it makes no sense.

5. phase pistol

6. Archie Opteryx

Archie Opteryx Well-Known Member

If this does pan out, I think a major problem will be finding actors that will fill the shoes of Shatner and Nimoy. Not saying these guys have BIG shoes, but lets face it, they are Kirk and Spock, and vice versa. Perhaps most movie goers might not "feel the pain" of other actors playing these parts, but we trekkies are a different breed.

*edit*

yeah... that, to :p

7. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. Jimbo890

Jimbo890 Well-Known Member

I think if this premise is true, we could see some interesting twists. Like, who would be the young Kirk and Spock? And what about McCoy. Didn't Kirk know Bones for a long time?

Academy days, yawn. Early Mission or the transition from Pike to Kirk, and some of those missions, now I am game.

Jim

9. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

There was a book called Enterprise by Vonda McIntyre that detailed Kirk's take over from Pike. It was pretty cool. Who will play the young characters?

10. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Apr 21 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1230452[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, Star trek has never done that before. :rolleyes

11. phase pistol

12. Lord Abaddon

Lord Abaddon Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cayman shen @ Apr 21 2006, 09:31 AM) [snapback]1230477[/snapback]</div>
    There are so many wonderful novels they could do as movies that would just blow some of these sad scripts out of the water. McIntyre's work is but one of them, and of course nearly anythin by Peter David. I still wish they would adopt the Capt. Calhoun series, using Shelby as well, as that would be a great set of stories.

Reading the article I'm more than a bit nervous...is Berman still around? The article hints at it but I don't see him mentioned directly.

And I'm still * about the cancellation of Enterprise. I just re-watched a few of the last season episodes and man did it really hit it's stride just as they nuked it.

13. Mr. Nagata

Mr. Nagata Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

14. Archie Opteryx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(playskool2000 @ Apr 21 2006, 01:41 PM) [snapback]1230612[/snapback]</div>
    Word.

15. Commander Max

Commander Max Sr Member

Let's all hope it's 'direct to video'.

I think I would rather see Shatner do it again.
    At least we got a cool phaser out of it.

16. JOATRASH FX

JOATRASH FX Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

17. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

The casting call for this is going to be psychotic...

18. Buddydog

Buddydog New Member

Let's just pray there is no Willie Nelson or Johnny Noxville. Hollywood has hit the all-time creative low as far as I'm concerned. I think pulling the story from a novel would be great. It's a formula that you know works, why mess with it...And why did Klingon blood turn lava-lampish all of the sudden?.? They could....could try and come up with a completely unrecycled story/idea, but I doubt it will ever happen again until as a society we decide to riot.

Bud

19. phase pistol

20. Archie Opteryx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Apr 21 2006, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1230685[/snapback]</div>
    HEY. Who you callin' Abby Normal? :angry