Limited Run NEW RUN! Star Trek Playmates Science Tricorder Electronics Upgrade kit

Can’t believe this is still going on with this guy

CAVAET EMPTOR!
Yes, I know what you mean.
Like you I have been on the forum for quite some time now and seen folks turfed out for less.
I thought I would join the game of Russian roulette in the hope I was one of the lucky ones to be graced with the item purchased.
Sadly not...

When I purchased back in 2019 I had seen the odd bad comment but most people said you will get it late but you will get it. Can't express the disappointment, got the Stapleton tricorder at the same time and it's been sat in a box for 3 years. It's more than a little annoying to see this person trying to sell items still after all these years.

Yes, I am just waiting for a new run of printed circuit boards to come in. They should be here next week. If you would like to secure one they are $145US each. You can send payment by clicking HERE.

Thanks!
Gerry

Gerry,

We've exchanged emails and DMs over the past two plus years but I am still waiting on the Mark X Tricorder electronics for the Stapleton shell that I ordered and paid for April 28, 2021. You did fulfill one order, but I'm still waiting for the Mark X Tricorder electronics. I'm not sure what else to do -- please PLEASE respond or just ship my order out. I'd be very grateful.

Best and Thanks,
Dave

Gerry,

We've exchanged emails and DMs over the past two plus years but I am still waiting on the Mark X Tricorder electronics for the Stapleton shell that I ordered and paid for April 28, 2021. You did fulfill one order, but I'm still waiting for the Mark X Tricorder electronics. I'm not sure what else to do -- please PLEASE respond or just ship my order out. I'd be very grateful.

Best and Thanks,
Dave
did you ever get a reply, i haven't had anything now for almost a year of trying.

Hi all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ive seen a seller on Etsy that does sell the electronics not sure if that’s an option or not? I might have to go with them also if I’m looking to have them fitted into my tricorder

Hi all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Ive seen a seller on Etsy that does sell the electronics not sure if that’s an option or not? I might have to go with them also if I’m looking to have them fitted into my tricorder
Yeah I've seen that seller, too, a while back. The price is about the same and the options look the same...

Yeah I've seen that seller, too, a while back. The price is about the same and the options look the same...
Yeah, that one
oops sorry about last post. He does seem to offer mostly the same options unfortunately he’s from the uk so you might pay out the nose for custom charges. Unless he’s willing to post the cost a lot lower then what it’s paid for but if it breaks then your screwed again. Bet it’s gotta be cold in the big D now?

Glad it wasn't just me he screwed. I ordered a mark VI Tricorder electronics from his Etsy store roughly three years ago and never got it. Excuses for a while, then went dark. Then his Etsy stored disappeared and he started selling on here. I've been afraid to say anything because everyone on this forum loves him.

The boards are great, if he delivers. Someone on the junkyard is selling some of his electronics kits for the Mark VII and Mark X, but they are selling them with Stapelton kit too.

did you ever get a reply, i haven't had anything now for almost a year of trying.
I bought a kit off of his Etsy page back in April 2020. I had Stapleton reach out to him and he responded back to me in Feb 2022 saying that he'll send me a Mark IX as soon as possible. I tried reaching out to him multiple times through Etsy, directly at his gmail, and hated doing this but had Stapleton reach out again to no avail. I reached out to him on here back in September 2023 and still nothing.

Yeah, that one

oops sorry about last post. He does seem to offer mostly the same options unfortunately he’s from the uk so you might pay out the nose for custom charges. Unless he’s willing to post the cost a lot lower then what it’s paid for but if it breaks then your screwed again. Bet it’s gotta be cold in the big D now?
No problem and you're right about the cold! One reason I'm late responding is recovering from frigid temps and friends without power.

At this point I've got a tricorder brick and I really did like how the Boomerang phaser turned out with Gerry's kit. I even made mods to it and wanted to get into custom builds. Ugh

Glad it wasn't just me he screwed. I ordered a mark VI Tricorder electronics from his Etsy store roughly three years ago and never got it. Excuses for a while, then went dark. Then his Etsy stored disappeared and he started selling on here. I've been afraid to say anything because everyone on this forum loves him.

The boards are great, if he delivers. Someone on the junkyard is selling some of his electronics kits for the Mark VII and Mark X, but they are selling them with Stapelton kit too.
I liked a few of the items that guy on junkyard had (and tempting!). Yeah, you are definitely not alone. I'm at 3 years and an obscene number of emails after purchasing from the Etsy site.

No problem and you're right about the cold! One reason I'm late responding is recovering from frigid temps and friends without power.

At this point I've got a tricorder brick and I really did like how the Boomerang phaser turned out with Gerry's kit. I even made mods to it and wanted to get into custom builds. Ugh
No worries mate, my sister lives there and she had the same problem power went out on one of the coldest nights she said. It’s not great for him to have gone dark on you guys, you would think he would be more deligent in trying to get kits out to people. But I do understand there’s shortages of certain boards and whatnot. A little email to let you know what’s going on helps solve alot of problems I would think?

No worries mate, my sister lives there and she had the same problem power went out on one of the coldest nights she said. It’s not great for him to have gone dark on you guys, you would think he would be more deligent in trying to get kits out to people. But I do understand there’s shortages of certain boards and whatnot. A little email to let you know what’s going on helps solve alot of problems I would think?
i was told there was shortages with batteries at first, but after a few years i just started getting ignored. i even suggested shipping it without the battery as i could source one myself at a latter date. unfortunately haven't heard anything back for a long time

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back