New Right Side Image of Han Hoth Blaster

It's an Easter Egg on the bonus disc from the OT DVD box set.

"To access the blooper reel, pop in the bonus disc and go to 'Video Games and Still Galleries'

Now type:
11 (enter)
3 (enter)
8 (enter)

The reel runs 4 mins 43 seconds, and contains a variety of clips from all three films."

I forgot about the hidden bloopers. Haven't watched them in awhile.

I just checked it out.
There are definitely 2 firing guns used in that scene.
The first is the 'Luke Bespin' blaster and I believe the second is the blaster seen in the group photo (bottom right in the image I posted).

The Luke Bespin has more black paint inside the muzzle cone and also has more black on the curved transition at the base of the cone. The 2nd firing blaster has a thinner ring of black paint at the base of the cone (with a wider blob of black in the middle on the left side).

The blooper video is decent enough to make out the different black paint marks (especially with the 18x zoom on my dvd player), but not good enough to tell much else.

That is confirmation of a second firing ESB blaster though. I wish there was good reference for it.

Thanks for mentioning that video John!

For the record, after the firing of the two blasters the crew guy throws a stunt through the air at a tarp and then Vader catches 3 stunt blasters in his hand (one right after the other).

I can't get this to work, as soon as I hit the "1" it takes me to the still galleries.

EDIT: NVM, I got it. Here's another way to access it if the first way doesn't work.

Hidden Blooper Reel (Yet Another Method):

From the Main Menu, access the 'Video Games and Stills' option. When you try pressing 1 1 3 8, it automatically only reads the first 1 and starts that chapter. So what you do is press +10 then a 1- appears and you hit 1 (making the "11"). The box next to R2 lights up. Wait for the new 1- to disappear. Press 3. Wait for the pause, then press 8.

Last edited:
Just perusing old threads...

Makes me smile wryly that folks thought these lines were actually machined...

HanESBcloseup3.jpg

Maybe check out Mortifactor's posts about this blaster in this thread, starting from post 508 onwards: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

He saw the screen used Hoth blaster at an exhibit and confirmed a few details about it, including that the flash hider was made from aluminum and then painted/weathered and the "knurling" drawn on top. The quote below outlines a lot of the details he observed:

-Flash hider is 100% aluminium. The exposed bits had minor scratches on, its definitely aluminium.
-Behind the flash hider looks darkened black.
-There is a lip illusion, its a 45 degree slope preceding something like a 30 degree slope. I will draw a diagram later, got rough dimensions.

-The mgc barrel was cut approx 1cm shorter than the edge of the flash hider. Its plugged and the plug is black.
-Inside the hood of the flash hider is darkened with the same weathering as on the outside.
-It is a black rattle can overspray weathering job.
-The lines are not pencil, it's like a 2mm marker pen. A little translucent or perhaps ink fading has occured.

-The spacer is made from 2 things. An approx 8mm brass thing, straight edges. Ontop of this is some silvery metal thats about 2mm thick. They are identical diameters and are about 2.5mm wider in diameter than the thorens above.
-Actually, the thinner spacer component looked the same thickness as the thorens but was 2.5mm (ish) wider.

-Thorens staining is a grey gloopy looking filler or glue that is unknown to me. Its about 1cm in diameter but irregular as you'd expect. It's slightly glossy in an irregular way. The closest colour match I can think of is the old lego light grey colour.

-Thorens is screwed on with phillips screws. Maybe 3.5 or 4mm screw heads, domed head. Don't know the official engineer name - panhead?
-The screws don't overhang the thorens at all. Theyre flush with the edge completely.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back