New Right Side Image of Han Hoth Blaster

Been awhile since I read his observations, thanks for refreshing my memory!

And yeah, I agree that the hider is aluminum, with paint, and definitely with some black overspray, little speckles.

The scratches/paint chips that some folks saw as white in the past are in fact the bare aluminum showing through.

I need to update mine with better marker lines, as I've still got my old thin Sharpie lines drawn on a strip of tape, then wrapped around the body.

Not saying I know for sure whether there's a wrap of thin tape on the real one, or the lines were drawn directly on the painted aluminum, but it's certainly a little easier to do it with tape laid flat, draw the lines, then peel tape and wrap around the hider.

I used blue painter's tape on mine, originally, though I think what I should've used is something smoother and thinner. Paint the tape the same color used on the rest of the hider, let that cure, then draw the lines, and then finally wrap the tape around the flash hider.

Maybe check out Mortifactor's posts about this blaster in this thread, starting from post 508 onwards: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

He saw the screen used Hoth blaster at an exhibit and confirmed a few details about it, including that the flash hider was made from aluminum and then painted/weathered and the "knurling" drawn on top. The quote below outlines a lot of the details he observed:

So...

Basically my theory and position in this thread were right all along...

:cool:

Just went to the exhibition again -

-The mgc barrel was cut approx 1cm shorter than the edge of the flash hider. Its plugged and the plug is black.
-Inside the hood of the flash hider is darkened with the same weathering as on the outside.
-It is a black rattle can overspray weathering job.
-The lines are not pencil, it's like a 2mm marker pen. A little translucent or perhaps ink fading has occured.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back