Limited Run New prototype run for Superman crystals, Payments due!

Hydin, hope all is well with you. I sent you a PM re: shipping to Canada. I'm not on FB nor Twitter so I can only contact you through the RPF, sorry.

Hi Hydin, I know you're busy but please get back to me on exact shipping to Toronto. You estimated correctly at approximately $51 based on the rates on the USPS site. Please hit me up to confirm though, as I'm not on FB or Twit. If someone in the thread could reach out on my behalf too that would be appreciated. I sent 3 conversation PMs since Nov3, I hope everything this ok. I'm not in a rush technically, I'm just really eager to see how they turned out. I'm sure I'm going to be blown away and so happy I ordered 2.
Hey guys...should I just go ahead anyway and send payment? I have his email add...I'm tempted just to send him the $51US. He's probably got a lot going on right?
~Andrew

Also, I would like 2 fortress clear as well. Sorry for the separate order requests. Thanks!
The current run is for a prototype green crystal only, not an open order for any variation he's sold in past runs. This current order was made almost a year ago, and it's taken a while for them to make it to the States due to problems at the factory and Covid. Orders for normal versions of the crystals he's sold will likely need to be placed in a future run, unless Chris happens to have some extras of those version laying around (which he sometimes does.)

Hydin, I sent pmt of $55 US for my 2 crystals shipped to Toronto. I haven't yet heard back from you since Nov3 but figured might as well send the payment anyway. I hope you are ok.

Lucky you. I'm still waiting for a response to several msgs since Nov3. Weird that he just disappears like that.

Got m' shinies!

This modelled-after-screen-used crystal has a very interesting and much more complex faceted shape than the current "Donner" green crystal Hydin sells. As most know, this version of the green crystal is supposed to match what was seen in the scenes where Clark discovers the crystal in the barn, and then throws the crystal into the snow to create the Fortress. (Though supposedly the same crystal in the movie, it's shape is very different than the green version placed into Baby Kal-El's ship by Jor-el on Krypton.)

Ok, so how exactly is this different from the prior "Donner" crystal sold by Hydin? Please see the pics below. The new crystal is either on the right or the bottom.

IMG_20201120_160839182_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20201120_160752942_HDR~2.jpg

As you can see above, the new crystal is much thinner/flatter than the Donner version, not as symmetrical, and has many more facets. Overall, I'm very pleased with this more screen-accurate crystal, and I'm sure you all will be too!

Last edited:
Awesome! Glad they are showing up!

Sorry for being MIA. I've been helping out some family who are quarantining because of covid, and it's got me keeping the roads hot. No worries for you guys, I'm clean and there's no danger, but where my mom lives has no instacart or grocery delivery so I'm driving around a ton atm. It's a 3 hour drive one way, plus grocery buying, delivery, and then coming home, so yea it's been a lil crazy.

Cav - sorry man, I sent you an email earlier about the shipping. If it helps, I don't ship the crystals until it's paid for, and I'm not gonna sell yours out from under you. I'm home tonight so I'll dig into the postage stuff for Canada and italy so we can get that worked up.

Everyone else - I've got some packages left to send but do me a favor and when you pay, INCLUDE YOUR BOARD NICK. I'm good, but I'm not psychic. If I was, I'd be a hell of a lot richer.

Glad they are arriving, and glad people are digging em. I'll post a pic of a variant I had made up tomorrow, gotta get a pic of it in sunlight.

Teecrooz - Got it and they have been shipped together. I'll leave you two to fight over who gets which one

Thanks, and remember, hit me in messenger or twitter, or hell, email me if you need me. I might need some time to get back with you, but I will get back with you.

Also, once these start showing up and it's looking like I do t have to replace some for shipping damage, I'll have a final count for the extras and will be taking orders on those.

Have a great one guys and gals!
Chris

Chris, I know you're still busy sending out the latest run, but if I could make a suggestion for a future run...here's another screen-used clear crystal that's popped up in the last few years that's begging to be recreated in real crystal:

SUPERMAN (1978) - Large Fortress of Solitude Crystal - Current price: £11000

.jpg?_ga=2.94719188.990862077.1605924477-334599480.jpg

jpg?_ga=2.139987451.990862077.1605924477-334599480.jpg

I bought the last made-from-a-surviving-crystal clear crystal you sold a few years ago (made from a casting provided by Simpson77 ), and this is a new and different design that's cropped up since then, so I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping you could take a crack at this one as well!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back