New pics ! 1:3 scale Chewbacca project !!!

Madrid Boba

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all :)

As a complement to Rob´s (Judgedredd) Stormtrooper and Sandtroopers (by the way, ...for sale in kit form!! :love ) in 1 to 3 scale, i am building a Chewbacca figure in the same scale.

Here you can see a pic of the Stormtrooper with a print in the same scale of the wookie.

IMG_0015.jpg

And here are the pics of the starting point: The mask.!!

For the figure i will use real hair (not sculpted) as well as crystal eyes.... :love

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

Well, how do you like it so far? :confused

Information, pics, comments will be more than welcome.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup

Alfredo

AKA MAdrid Boba

Last edited:
Re: 1:3 scale Chewbacca project !!!

Thanks guys !! :thumbsup

It is going to be big !!! More than 70 cms !!! :eek

By the way, it is my first sculpt :)

Alfredo

Last edited:

IMG_0055b.jpg

Painting the nose to check how it would look ike... can not wait for the eyes and the hair !!!

Looking great Alfredo! You've nailed the look of the nostrils perfectly. Personally I'd go for the mouth closed look. I'll definitely keep checking in on this. I'm working on a full scale Chewie costume now.

Looking great Alfredo! You've nailed the look of the nostrils perfectly. Personally I'd go for the mouth closed look. I'll definitely keep checking in on this. I'm working on a full scale Chewie costume now.

Thanks!! :thumbsup

I still do not know if i will make it open or closed :confused ....i think that the mold will have it open, and i will always have the chance to close it with the resin copies. I think that if it comes out OK, i will start a run and sell them... we will see

Alfredo

I think you need to make him taller in comparison to the TK. TKs would generally be around the 6' Mark, Chewie is just short of 8', doesn't look to scale! Id say he needs to be 30" to 32".

Last edited:

Thanks Dougie !! :thumbsup

Please look at the pics. :)

The model will be 76/77 cm tall, which means that the lifesize is around 228-230 cm. In the picture that i printed, the wookie is exactly 76 cm. You could easily change or adjust a little bit the height with the hair... The first pic of my first post was taken in a hurry because i was nervous about starting the project :lol

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Please look at this pic...Harrison Ford is taller than Mark Hamill, and he is not even straight in the pic...

star-wars-chewbacca-harrison-ford.jpg

I will keep on posting how it goes... :love

Ahh, i almost forgot...please notice the Stormtrooper stand..it is very thick.... (but i took that into consideration in the recent pics)

Thanks again

Alfredo

another picture...

IMG_0059.jpg

Last edited:

Hello all,

I have a question..

It looks to me as if they used (mainly) 3 types of hair color. And also, it seems ike if the one used on the hair, it is more red than the rest... Am I right?

Thanks

Alfredo

Depend of the qualityof the pics I guess. I see no red in the head

Thanks for the answer !! What i meant by red, is red hair . Not 100% that color, but just a little bit.

(wikipedia)

Woman with red hair

"Red hair occurs naturally on approximately 1–2% of the human population.[1][2] It occurs more frequently (2–6%) in people of northern or western European ancestry, and less frequently in other populations. Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein."

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back