New pep TK: Master finished (page 4) mould finished.urethane cast (page5) armor WIP

Re: New pepakura stormtrooper helmet

New update
More bondo more sand. I have improve the right cheek..but i hace to improve it more

bondo11.jpg

on a first look.. it seems no progress since last picture..
but i have rounded all the lower (more job to do yet)
right cheek is more similar to left cheek (i have to do a little more work on this area)
the right part between mouth and vocoder needs more material to look as left part (i do this applying more bondo on this area)
this week i have planned to buy milliput... but i not very sure of how i have to do the "ears"

Next improvements next time

Copia de bondo11.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

i have to put more bondo on the red zone
and fill the valley on the blue ellipse

more milliput on cheeks and filled up the part under the flange

- - - Updated - - -

bondo19.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

bondo20.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

mohawk on the top of the helmet (front and rear) to make it less circle

- - - Updated - - -

bondo21.jpg
bondo22.jpg

how do you like working with milliput. is it harder or easier to sand down than filler/bondo? my build is starting to get to the point where milliput is going to be needed.

pictures lost..
bondo23.jpg
bondo24.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

it is a little harder than bondo.. but i have no notice a big difference

new updates

bondo25.jpg
bondo26.jpg
bondo27.jpg
bondo28.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see on the third picture (rear view) there is a lot of valleys , but they are only noticiable when there is shadows... to eliminate these valleys...what? more bondo and sanding?

Thx!!!

new updates

View attachment 272641

View attachment 272643

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see on the third picture (rear view) there is a lot of valleys , but they are only noticiable when there is shadows... to eliminate these valleys...what? more bondo and sanding?

Thx!!!

To get rid of the valleys you'd need to apply a thin layer of filler/bondo to the whole area where the valleys are present than sanded down slow and don't rush. if there still valleys apply some more filler/bondo and sand down again.

Check out my bucket build for more tips http://www.therpf.com/f79/shaping-force-202190/

Thx gtimotion! Im applying more bondo and sanding! (New improvements coming)
Thx spacecowboy for your comments and for your awesome pep!

wellcome skyit! at this moment i have not weightened the helmet.. so i can not inform you... but at this moment i think that it is weareable! not too heavy (anyway.. if the final aspect of the helmet is ok to my idea..maybe i will investigate the rotocast technique)

now the updates..
i have applied bondo.. sanded... bondo... sanded... and i think that finally i have achieved (or i am very close) the shape and smoothness i want on the dome area.
i have added a new relief with milliput, and improve all the lateral zone...

- - - Updated - - -

bondo29.jpgbondo29 (1).jpgbondo29 (2).jpgbondo29 (3).jpgbondo29 (4).jpgbondo29 (5).jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back