1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Limited Run NEW Paul Mcgann all metal machined spring lock sonic run

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by russrep, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Drumsterpyle

Drumsterpyle New Member

I have, and removed the spring. I'm really at a lose with this on. It should have just released, but it is stuck fast. It will not spin or move up and down.

2. properRocket

properRocket New Member

Have you tried to lubricate it with anything like WD-40? That might help. Also, you could try to put it in the freezer. That often helps with stuck aluminum parts.

3. Drumsterpyle

Drumsterpyle New Member

Sadly, I have done both of those things. I did notice straight away that it made kind of a grinding noise. Almost like sandpaper the first time I tried to to pull it down .It didn't move much and I had to pull it back to the extended position. At that point, it was stuck.

4. properRocket

properRocket New Member

Payment sent. Thanks :)

5. eethan

eethan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I would go for the 12th sonic! there aren't many replicas available and it's a great design :)

6. BritishFilmGeek

BritishFilmGeek New Member

I concur, would love to see your take on this one. Bonus points if it has the pen functionality as an option.

7. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

If people are already making wishes I would love to see the Pertwee and Davidson sonics. I have a couple of Baker sonics and really want to get the full set.

8. Jacob286482

Jacob286482 New Member

I'm sure if he made a baker run he could offer an option to powdercoat the ring and emitter in the Davison color scheme. White band in the handle too.

9. Jacob286482

Jacob286482 New Member

Mine came in Friday and it's amazing Russ. Already said so on FB but it's a work of art. I can't wait to see what comes next. I dabble with YouTube reviews I know there's a few out there but when I make mine I'll share a link here for anyone to find it. Thanks again and I can't wait to see what sonic is next .

10. properRocket

properRocket New Member

I'd love to see a Romana sonic. :)

11. Jacob286482

Jacob286482 New Member

I did a little review on my sonic if anyone wants to see. Pardon my crappy voice dealing with a headcold this week lol.

12. Drumsterpyle

Drumsterpyle New Member

Nice job on the video. I completely agree with you on getting two of the Baker Sonic's. To have one 4th and one 5th would be my choice also. I really do appreciate that in your comparison you had your Sonic in both open and closed mode. No other reviewers had done that, and it was something I really wanted to see.

13. Jacob286482

Jacob286482 New Member

Thank you. I always got frustrated watching reviews for doctor who things no one seemed to point out what I wanted to see. It's why I've started reviewing haha.

14. russrep

russrep Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

can you pm me so we can arrange to get this sorted :)

15. russrep

Also guys I'm free now to offer a new run , what would you guys like to see made :)

eethan likes this.
  16. eethan

eethan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

12th sonic!!

BritishFilmGeek likes this.
  17. MacBeath

MacBeath Active Member

Run of the classic 3rd/4th/5th.

I have a 3rd, 4th, McGann and War Doctor from you, so really need a 5th to complete the set :)

18. Drumsterpyle

Drumsterpyle New Member

Any of them. I've only started collecting and I only have a 2nd and 8th. :(

19. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

I agree on a run of the classic 3rd, 4th and 5th sonics. I already have your Baker, Paul McGann and War Doctor Sonics and want the 3rd and 5th to complete the set.

20. Jacob286482

Jacob286482 New Member

Definitely a 4th/5th. If you feel like making a third emitter than I'd definitely want that too since the body is the same.

21. properRocket

properRocket New Member

Just got my sonic today. Looks great, couldn't be happier. Thanks Russ.
    As for a future run, I vote for a Romana or a War Doctor sonic.

22. russrep

Ok guys so it looks like few of you want the 4th and 5th
    I will get a interest thread up and running this week :)

rickhoward, Jacob286482 and MacBeath like this.
  23. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

Any plans for the 3rd? I want to try and get the full set if possible.

24. Jacob286482

Jacob286482 New Member

I'm super excited I'll keep an eye out for it

25. 13doctorwho

13doctorwho Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you do the 4th/5th Doctor sonic screwdriver there has been a lot of excellent research by phez. He's shared a lot of his research in the thread below. Phez, Terrasolo, and Bluebox303 have done a lot of excellent research that would help make the most accurate prop.I would definitely buy more sonic screwdrivers based on his updated research.

Classic sonic screwdriver from Rubbertoe

JoeSheep likes this.
  26. docholl

docholl Well-Known Member

PM sent regarding follow-up on my previous order.

27. Almizilero

Almizilero New Member

It looks really nice in my small but growing collection:
    IMG_20190103_195114_141.jpeg

28. Almizilero

Almizilero New Member

Oh no! I was toying around with the spring release wenn suddenly the bullet went flying through the room. I can't get it fixed in again, the screw that goes through the ring and probably should hold the bullet in place is to short to apply enough pressure. Any advice? :(

29. BritishFilmGeek

BritishFilmGeek New Member

Having made this mistake myself, best fix I found was to take a pair of pliers, completely unscrew the the screw from the base.

While seperated, carefully position the bullet in the emitter and tighten up with the pliers. Be slow and gentle, and try to keep the bullet as inline as possible. May take a few attempts to get it to sit right but when it is, just tighten as much as you can without damaging.

After this rescues the head back to the body. And then do as I do and take much more care with the spring from.m now on :)

30. Almizilero

Almizilero New Member

I'll try that, thank you!