New McFly jean jacket replica!

This is @BTTF Forum's jacket. A while back he said he possessed the two jackets that were used to make the movie jacket. It looks like he was telling the truth. The colors look spot on. Unfortunately it looks like they were of different sizes or something because the pockets look really big and the space above them has too small of an area. The blue shoulder pieces also look too small, but Guess jackets naturally have too small of shoulder pieces. It must have been a design choice to make them bigger in the movie. These things were most likely caused by the rarity of the jackets he used and couldn't find ones that were the same size. Great ingenuity though.

Last edited:
The pockets were made by Guess in 1984. The size is the size. Both jackets were the same size. The shoulder blue pieces were sized by Guess. I did not modify the size of anything. The jacket was sitting high up on my shoulders for the picture.
It's still looks inaccurate to the movie, so something has to be wrong with what you used or you messed up. And I didn't claim that you edited the size of anything. Anyone that compares screen caps to yours can tell the difference. And good job deleting what you said what I'm quoting here.

Last edited:
That is a copyrighted photo. Please remove it.
the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; the nature of the copyrighted work; the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Source. 17 USC Section 107

the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include—the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes; the nature of the copyrighted work; the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Source. 17 USC Section 107

You are not a teacher or a reporter. The photo is not fair use and I am the copyright holder and I am telling you to remove it.

You are not a teacher or a reporter. The photo is not fair use and I am the copyright holder and I am telling you to remove it.
Being a teacher or reporter was just one of the things that deems it fair use not the basis of the whole thing. I am posting it for criticism and comment. Which is clearly protected under this article. Read much.

Being a teacher or reporter was just one of the things that deems it fair use not the basis of the whole thing. I am posting it for criticism and comment. Which is clearly protected under this article. Read much.

This is not an educational environment. I read plenty, I have a Master Degree. You are a someone who has no respect for other peoples work or property.

This is not an educational environment. I read plenty, I have a Master Degree. You are a someone who has no respect for other peoples work or property.
So if I got everyone who has posted on this forum in a classroom it would be ok? Come on man. Pick the right battles. I am not using it for personal or financial gain. You created it as a project from another company's work and posted it on Facebook.

Posted on MY page as a profile pic. My page, not yours. My photo, my copyright. My jacket is 100% 1984 Guess material. Its not a replica, its a blending. Guess had no problem at the Photo shoot I did with them in LA. Yes my jacket actually went back to Guess. The issue is not the jacket, its the theft of my photo.

Oh man, if we all here would respect copyright laws, this forum would have much less threads! :lol
At least someone gets it. BTTF Forum is only concerned with his personal interests and assets and doesn't care about the community as a whole. Only his contacts. I put him on the ignore list, so I won't be bothered by his useless dribble.

Mitas, You are the sole reason I dont put anything on here. And my facebook messaging just exploded with supporters basically saying you should have taken the picture down. I have a ton of stuff I would be contributing here, But I cant trust that my pictures would be respected and that my work will not be taken.

Mitas, You are the sole reason I dont put anything on here. And my facebook messaging just exploded with supporters basically saying you should have taken the picture down. I have a ton of stuff I would be contributing here, But I cant trust that my pictures would be respected and that my work will not be taken.

Ok so I'm going against my words above just out of curiosity. What do you think people will do on a REPLICA PROP FORUM with information on how to make one of the most sought after props in the trilogy? What is the purpose of keeping this information to yourself? So your personal items have more value? Why are you even a part of this forum? You obviously do not want to help.

Back to things that are on topic. I got in contact with Head Goonie and purchased a jacket. I got it partly as a gift as I only payed half of it. Anyway I have plans to make it a little better, as I believe it is a little too blue. I have asked HG themselves as to what method they used to fade the denim to its present color, but I am waiting on a reply. As stated before, the jacket starts out completely blue and they do something to it to make the main body lighter. If I can obtain info on how to do it myself I will use that in my work. Not only on the main body to make it lighter, but to fade the cuffs and the inside as they were left dark blue. I have not seen the jacket in person, so I can't tell how dark the shoulder pieces are, but I purchased a cheap Guess jacket completely of the right blue denim to use and take to a tailor. Also from my scrapped homemade denim jacket I still posses the pockets, so I have a reference point of how much it needs to be faded. Obviously being from a vintage jacket they are a little bit faded from what they originally looked like, so I will take that into account when fading the HG jacket.
10603866_10205791829623000_3014235997007792252_o.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a response back. It's a little hard to understand, so I am asking more detailed questions.

"First of all, Bio wash by big washing machine.and stone wash by big stone washing machine.
hand blust by Cloth impregnated with medicine.At the end, over dye entire Brown."

I believe this "medicine" is what they rub on the jacket to fade it. I asked if they know the exact name of the substance. I'm going to guess that it is very similar to Rit Fast Fade. Hopefully it's simple to obtain without being a professional manufacturer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard back and my fear was true. It's an industrial compound. I will get some fast fade and experiment with that. First using it on the inside or on a cuff in case it makes things look wrong.

I just heard back and my fear was true. It's an industrial compound. I will get some fast fade and experiment with that. First using it on the inside or on a cuff in case it makes things look wrong.

Interested to see if the fast fade works, I haven't ever used it or heard of the product. I too have a Head Goonie jacket.

Interested to see if the fast fade works, I haven't ever used it or heard of the product. I too have a Head Goonie jacket.

If it works on the areas not already faded then I will lightly do it to the main areas of the jacket to get to the shade I want. I will then take it to a tailor to replace the shoulder parts and pockets made from a cheap Guess jacket I bought made completely out of the right color blue denim. I'm still searching for replacement buttons for when that happens as you cannot reuse buttons if you take them off. Once I have the jacket on hand I will measure the buttons, so I know what size I need. The last thing I want to do is shorten the elastic waist. I believe HG took design choices from the wrong Guess jacket and made the waist too big. The screen used jacket also had a different kind of elastic waist. It wasn't as scrunchy looking if that makes sense. So I will remove one strip section from the bottom of the elastic. The screen used jacket also did not have two snaps at the bottom, so I will fix that as well. I will post pictures explaining things once my internet isn't so slow.

Here is my scrapped jacket project. I had the correct elastic waist. You can see that it has two sections while HG has three and you can see what I was saying about it being less scrunchy.
da23e7ff87273644647d271e9fa84569.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back