New life for Fine Molds SW kits?

That sure would be awesome at $92 US for a "formerly known as Fine Molds falcon" compared to $500 dollars on evilbay or even compared to the in $150 to $200 ish production price when Fine Molds released it.

Just to update this thread,....The Revell Star Wars Master Series kits were on display at Wondefest 2015:

ZbslZL1.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/rlLb5#5

....the talk is that packaging is temporary,.....thats why the parts count doesn't match up,....the release date is September......(likely Force Friday like the Hasbro release date....for Episode 7 merchandise).......the price?......

.....the price is......this has been mentioned at Wonderfest by the rep.......$299!!!!

.....yep....$299

this can't be right

with the size of the Revell company compared to the size of FineMolds you'd think they would be able to manufacture these kits at a fraction of that price

....unless FM are still popping them & handing them over to Revell to package up

.....now I'm gonna say something that might **** people off,....& I've gone on about the 5 footer v 32' Falcons over & over, BUT....

Revell trying to sell a re-issued kit of a stunt version of the filming model,.....which doesn't even appear without motion blur in the Star Wars films (apart from two short scenes).....at a time when theres a brand new film which features a CG enhanced version of the real 5 footer,.....a much beefier and definitely different looking ship than the 32' model that has pushed its way into our minds,....with the ease of replicating its parts for a studio scale replica,.....we've had the Master Replicas Falcon,.....then the FineMolds based on that,.....& now the DeAgostini,...

With this new film, and the further episodes,...and the likely Han/Boba Anthology film,...we are going to see a lot more of the Falcon,.....the fuller Falcon.....& because she's digital and can do her own stunts now, we are never gonna see the skinny 32' stunt model again on film

Hopefully Bandai will have some good news about a 72 Falcon coming out soon for Ep 7,...& hopefully it has an optional circular dish

I really think that Revell has been sold a donkey

J

I'm with you J. Bring on the episode 7 5 footer!!

Mind you....I would LOVE IT if there was an option for the ANH landing configuration

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I saw that at WF. I have to say if Revell wants to charge $299 for that they better get a better painter to do their builds for them, that paint job makes it look like a cheap $20 toy...

I'm with you J. Bring on the episode 7 5 footer!!

Mind you....I would LOVE IT if there was an option for the ANH landing configuration

Yep, that would be cool,.....& the way that Bandai have been going, thats an option that could be reality,

...as I was trying to get at on my last post,....I love the Falcon,.....I love the 32" model,....& its great that there are models of it,....but it seems like in the gap between the OT & now the image and familiarity with that version is what people take to be THE Millennium Falcon,....when in fact its not

The 5 footer deserves its place back in the minds of people,....& in a short while, when the Ep 7 promotion machine goes into hyperdrive, the 32" will again look as strange & unlike the Falcon as it does to me

Thats the reason why I didn't go for the DeAgo replica,.....because by the time the partwork is done the collectors will realise they've been sold a pup

J

I very much agree.

However the one advantage the 32 has over the five footer is that it's a much more attainable studio model to recreate...and show off.

I love how both you and I are assuming that a perfect 1/72 scale model is coming from Bandai. It's like when you have a thing for a girl and you just know that eventually she'll go out with you despite her rejections.

I dont want to sound like a jerk, but,….. why were the Revell employees at Wonderfest somewhat old people, people talk about our hobby dying, well, if you hire people too old to relate with young "kids"… Im kind of old myself now too, I only wish younger people would get into the hobby and breathe some life into it

I'm excited for their Master Series X-Wings. Can't bear to spend $150 on eBay for the 1/48 FM kit.

SB

Why wait? I have both 1/48 X-Wing from FineMolds and Bandai. And Bandai superb details compared to FineMolds are well worth the money.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm excited for their Master Series X-Wings. Can't bear to spend $150 on eBay for the 1/48 FM kit.

SB

Why wait? I have both 1/48 X-Wing from FineMolds and Bandai. And Bandai superb details compared to FineMolds are well worth the money.

Out of curiosity, do you feel that the Bandai is a better kit? I have it but this panel lines are pretty darned pronounced.

The detail might be better, but the electronics aspect of it seem gimmicky, and most likely are what led to the massive price increase (ie: increased engineering time required, etc...). Maybe if Bandai comes out with a non-electronic version, then I'll hop in and get one. The 1/72 version that I'm putting together right now is superb, but it's just too darn small.

SB

Just to update this thread,....The Revell Star Wars Master Series kits were on display at Wondefest 2015:

http://i.imgur.com/ZbslZL1.jpg

....the talk is that packaging is temporary,.....thats why the parts count doesn't match up,....the release date is September......(likely Force Friday like the Hasbro release date....for Episode 7 merchandise).......the price?......

.....the price is......this has been mentioned at Wonderfest by the rep.......$299!!!!

.....yep....$299

this can't be right

with the size of the Revell company compared to the size of FineMolds you'd think they would be able to manufacture these kits at a fraction of that price

....unless FM are still popping them & handing them over to Revell to package up

.....now I'm gonna say something that might **** people off,....& I've gone on about the 5 footer v 32' Falcons over & over, BUT....

Revell trying to sell a re-issued kit of a stunt version of the filming model,.....which doesn't even appear without motion blur in the Star Wars films (apart from two short scenes).....at a time when theres a brand new film which features a CG enhanced version of the real 5 footer,.....a much beefier and definitely different looking ship than the 32' model that has pushed its way into our minds,....with the ease of replicating its parts for a studio scale replica,.....we've had the Master Replicas Falcon,.....then the FineMolds based on that,.....& now the DeAgostini,...

With this new film, and the further episodes,...and the likely Han/Boba Anthology film,...we are going to see a lot more of the Falcon,.....the fuller Falcon.....& because she's digital and can do her own stunts now, we are never gonna see the skinny 32' stunt model again on film

Hopefully Bandai will have some good news about a 72 Falcon coming out soon for Ep 7,...& hopefully it has an optional circular dish

J
thanks for sharing , even October seems too far away.
whole heartily agree, especially when many of the empire major scenes included the 5 foot model as well (space slug cave external shot landed)
options for one or the other or all three ANH , ESB or TFA , but I think they are selling this version as they bought up the tooling as is, maybe finemolds will release a new falcon LOL .
it does look excellent , and great to see these models being released, now it's up to all of us to start giving kids model kits to build , even if they are snap fit .

http://i.imgur.com/ZbslZL1.jpg

.....yep....$299

this can't be right

J

Thanks for posting!

Was a price mentioned at Wonderfest for the (Fine Molds/Revell)1/48 Tie Fighter?

The 1/72 FM Falcon might be the best kit we have so far but that isn't saying much.

I don't care if the kit has 9000 individual parts and every greeblie looks perfect.

Visibly wrong dimensions = FAIL

Was a price mentioned at Wonderfest for the (Fine Molds/Revell)1/48 Tie Fighter?

No there was no mention from the site I found that info,.....I'm interested to know also,.....I'd like the 48 X-Wing

They look so bad to me. It's one of the reasons that I stopped working on mine. Someday when I get brave I'll fix them

I know,...the mandibles are seriously bad,...and can be fixed,...although Marko/Rockvoice highlighted LOADS more issues,....the overall thickness of the ship is far too shallow,....(I've got measurements worked out from Maruska's CG plan of the 32",...& they match Rockvoice's discovery)......this also means that the docking rings diameter isn't large enough,...the cockpit tube is in the wrong position,....& the cockpit cone is too long

Heres his thread:
1:72 FM Falcon - modified to match the 32" studio model

But the real pain in the ass is FM's plastic,.....it's just so stiff & brittle....hard to work with

If Revell are producing this kit with their styrene,....this kit will definitely be a lot easier to mod/fix
The 1/72 FM Falcon might be the best kit we have so far but that isn't saying much.

I don't care if the kit has 9000 individual parts and every greeblie looks perfect.

Visibly wrong dimensions = FAIL

I agree,....& at the original price that was bad enough,....but with the rumoured price,....I'll not be buying another one
It can be fixed,.....but at this price it's bit daunting

J

Darn, $300? I was really looking forward to getting a new Falcon - I've never had the dough for a Fine Molds, and I've come to despise the AMC/Ertl kit over the years.
I don't understand why Revell is charging so much for this. They're like the Budweiser of model kits. This shouldn't be more than $80.
I predict they won't sell and the price comes down substantially by next summer.
I'll probably pick one up if I can find one cheap, but I'm sure as heck not paying $300 for that hunk of junk.
Those mandibles really do look awful. Guess I have to wait another 30 years for an accurate Falcon.
Unfortunately, I'll be 70, blind, arthritic, and completely unable to build one.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back