NEW Hot Toys Gort Predator

sabres21768

Well, here's a surprise from Hot Toys.
They're actually making another "Lost Hunter" Predator.
This time it's the Gort Predator.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-128300-1-1.html

gortpredator.jpg

HPIM6792.jpg

HPIM6791.jpg

HPIM6790.jpg

HPIM6789.jpg

HPIM6788.jpg

HPIM6787.jpg

HPIM6786.jpg

sabres are you ******** me!!!!!! i don't care what anyone thinks, i LOVE YOU MAN!!! such a bringer of good news you are! this shot my brain completely in the opposite direction, and i like it (they better not move on to hippie now that i'm done with mine!) ;)

that is awesome! sure there are a couple other losties i would've seen being done first, but i had really lost hope in any more because "the" lost hunter is still available in some stores and still sells for retail value on ebay but in terms of "re-using" their molds, this makes sense and either way, i'm a sucker for a hot toys pred i just hope they make a unique paintup (even though gort was a P2 hero body) or i might be upset!! i can already see they are taking it upon themselves to sculpt some new things for him, i'm sure they know they can't just re-issue the P2 just with a gort mask!!

and is it just me or is that "re-breather" totally different from, well anything we've seen of this or any predator? don't care or anything it looks cool as F#@K!

it also looks like the close ups are them just test fitting the bio on a hot toys P1 head? does anyone know? did gort have a P1 face? guess i figured he didn't have much of one at all, but oh well! it'll be mine i'm sure!

damn and i just promised my wife i wouldn't get more than three new preds this year for the new movie, guess i could bend my words to fit this circumstance :eek:

thank you dude!

EDIT: and i just noticed, P1 head and feet... interesting. argue all you want about "rip off" this and that, but i don't really care, that was one of the ones i didn't want to have to buy(a P2) for 300+ and make into gort, so this suits me just fine :lol: dammit bryan! i will have them all too!! you wait!!

Defo happy about a new Hot toys pred. Suppose now when I get this 1, my gort will get a complete overhaul which sucks as I'm in the middle of repainting him as it is. The new rebreather is way better than the old 1 so I'm happy my battle damaged P2 get an accurate rebreather now

man hot toys need to stop there making me broke haha but this is sweet ill be working at picking this guy up once preorders start

Great, now what must I sell this year !? All righty... this'll be interesting. I just hope he comes more towards the end of the year, for obvious reasons; this summer's gonna be nuts. I'd honestly prefer a new Predator from "Predators" with new armor, than another P2-based character. My HT collection needs variety.

Defo happy about a new Hot toys pred. Suppose now when I get this 1, my gort will get a complete overhaul which sucks as I'm in the middle of repainting him as it is. The new rebreather is way better than the old 1 so I'm happy my battle damaged P2 get an accurate rebreather now
so call me "ignorant" but is that how it should've looked this whole time? the re-breather that is? i thought the design looked kinda familiar, like maybe uratz or somebody sculpted one once?

Yeah Dan, Usurper sculpted a dead on replica of the proper rebreather and I have the pleasure of owning 1. The original hot toys rebreather looked nothing like the real 1, looks more like the bio of Flusher predator "Plow"

Wow! I will be getting this one! I wonder if or what trophy skull there gonna include with this one? I hope they do at least. This made my day!

I’m definitely getting me one. Especially if there is any truth to that rumor of 500 pieces. Can you imagine the return that thing will bring in years to come. This will be my first HT pred too.
~Estelle

What I can read in Kanji it is a exclusive, but damn that means these are gonna go fast, and Ebay sellers are gonna try to charge a arm and leg.. I gotta make sure I get one of these on reserve. predator666thepain666, if that's the case get 4 just in case I can't score one, I can get one off of you..JK. Man You also have a incredible Lost Hunter set! Sabres, you are the man. You got good resources. This one can be one of my first since all my HT was recently stolen.

Toys2 better get their hands on this. By eBay exclusive, does this mean Sideshow won't be getting any of these for Pre-Order (or rather, they'll get 'em at VERY short notice)?

The Gort looks a hell of a lot better than the original Lost Predator. I will say that I might be interested in this guy. Please keep us updated, Sabres! I really hope he comes more in the fall or winter, because otherwise (with Comic-Con and the new Predator stuff coming out over the summer) it's gonna be a pain in the neck to snag one of these puppies, financially. Either HT has very good timing or very bad timing, lol.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back