New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

I wish they would. Master Replicas released both episode 2 and 3 Anakin sabers. I don't know why Hasbro is holding out on rereleasing them.
If Hasbro has yet to do a hilt design with a removable blade, then IMHO, all those designs should be considerations.

My personal opinion is that unless they can make a thin neck fx hilt that can hold a blade, I am not going to be interested in them. I would like to see The Phantom Menace Obi and Qui Gon (assuming they can do the grooved handle in a decent way. Still bummed they never did they Ahsoka Clone Wars shoto.

The biggest factor with the lightsabers and the helmets as well, is that because they only do limited numbers released per year, they will tend to favor items that they can market in conjunction with the release of new media Such as the recent release of the Obi and Vader hilts In conjunction with the Kenobi series.

If Hasbro has yet to do a hilt design with a removable blade, then IMHO, all those designs should be considerations.

My personal opinion is that unless they can make a thin neck fx hilt that can hold a blade, I am not going to be interested in them. I would like to see The Phantom Menace Obi and Qui Gon (assuming they can do the grooved handle in a decent way. Still bummed they never did they Ahsoka Clone Wars shoto.

The biggest factor with the lightsabers and the helmets as well, is that because they only do limited numbers released per year, they will tend to favor items that they can market in conjunction with the release of new media Such as the recent release of the Obi and Vader hilts In conjunction with the Kenobi series.
unfortunately what you state in that last sentance is too true.

unfortunately what you state in that last sentance is too true.
The good thing is that because we do get new shows that touch upon previous eras, there is a chance we can see previously established items marketed under new titles. I am hoping to see a TIE pilot helmet and/or scout trooper helmet based on appearances of series like Andor, Mandalorian, etc….

In the mean time, there is not a lot new lightsaber appearances that have not yet already been announced. You will probably see Ahsoka’s lightsabers from the new series and maybe the updated Cal lightsaber when the game gets released but those are probably like a year off. In the mean time, I would believe Hasbro will still take advantage of the lightsaber market assuming they did not get scared off by the Reva Haslab failure. So maybe during that time, you might see them reach back into older properties and do something older.

I doubt they would make an ep2 Anakin. That hilt is tiny and they would probably make it oversized. You’re better off trying to snag a Tusken Slayer. I grabbed one on eBay for like $150 listed as b-grade with scratches and scuffs. It honestly just needed a decent polish.

Worth mentioning: Disney just released a kids electronic Obi Wan lightsaber with removable blade.

Also Ahsoka.

Last edited:
Typical! Now that the last Disney store in my area is closed, there's a saber I actually would buy. That Obi looks pretty good for what it is. I'd venture to say, it's even better looking than the original FX version.

I just picked up an Obi Wan series saber last week when I was at Disneyland. They only are selling them out of the Star Trader shop. I had no idea at the time that they had just came out or were only selling from there but apparently they are a hot item. I am at work or else I would post pics. I like that they give you the extra hilt piece for display so it looks more screen accurate but it is still bulky and fat compared to the screen props. It is really light and easy to maneuver if you want to duel with it. I'll get some pics up when I get a chance if someone else doesn't do it before.

Sorry again for the late reply. I like the novelty but if you want to wait for the Elite FX version I would do it for the extra $50-75 if you were able to preorder it for retail. This version is cool but it’s bulky and I am not a big fan of the weathering. The yellow is the clash effect. There are no other effects other than the ignition, swing, 4 sequenced clash effects and power down. There are no other buttons on the hilt
90DB19F8-5AB3-4120-8DF0-079E15F57DB2.jpeg
531C518C-F999-42DE-AA10-5F41DE699923.jpeg
28DC9796-34C7-4F2B-92ED-28D19FB32161.jpeg
750D655E-4C5A-45CD-BEEE-85C8F6DDF53F.jpeg
106BD0BF-5503-4296-9809-3E4E8BFA948F.jpeg
B60B950F-20D4-4087-BCC3-B0C77F68C226.jpeg

This is going to be a bittersweet product. Sweet, because I really like this lightsaber and bitter because I pretty much know that they are going to do a thin/thick neck swap out for the blade.

I am interested to see what details they incorporate since it sounds like this is going to represent the lightsaber in general and not a specific point in time. I am not crazy about the emitter holes seen in the sequels so I hope they leave those out unless they come up with a way to swap them out as desired. I would like to see a pommel that is adjustable so it can replicate the ring position in both the Return of the Jedi and Mando/BoBF.

Just make me a thin neck that lights up. I’m an adult collector and don’t have fights with them.
Yah, Hasbro really should try to copy the NeoPixel blade connection. The problem with Hasbro blades is they need to be inserted about 4 inches into the hilt. As long as that's the case we'll never get proper thin neck sabers.

I wish they would have done this as a Haslab project. They could develop the tech and upgrade material and see if collectors would pay the price required to make a thin neck lightsaber happen.

I fear that Hasbro may have taken away the wrong lessons with the failure of the Reva lightsaber. I fear that they might think collectors are not willing to spend more than the current pricing BS Elite lightsabers. Although a lot of people did complain of the price ($499), I know for me, I would not have wanted it for half the amount. It was not a design or character that meant much to me so I had no interest. I hope that if they come up with another SW related prop item for a Haslab project, they do not rule it out based o the Reva lightsaber failure.

I wish they would have done this as a Haslab project. They could develop the tech and upgrade material and see if collectors would pay the price required to make a thin neck lightsaber happen.

I fear that Hasbro may have taken away the wrong lessons with the failure of the Reva lightsaber. I fear that they might think collectors are not willing to spend more than the current pricing BS Elite lightsabers. Although a lot of people did complain of the price ($499), I know for me, I would not have wanted it for half the amount. It was not a design or character that meant much to me so I had no interest. I hope that if they come up with another SW related prop item for a Haslab project, they do not rule it out based o the Reva lightsaber failure.
Me too. It was not about price, but rather, the absurdity of the saber.

I liked Reva and I liked her saber. $500 just wasn’t the right price and I don’t think they needed to make it. Honestly the Haslab should have been a properly sized Darth Vader helmet with maybe some new bells and whistles.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back