New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

Well then... I literally just received a "Sacrifice" Kanan hilt from Pachsabers... wonder how the Legacy hilt will turn out.

Well then... I literally just received a "Sacrifice" Kanan hilt from Pachsabers... wonder how the Legacy hilt will turn out.
I think it is safe to say that your purchase will result in a much higher quality in the terms of functionality, brightness, and sound. Based on the appearance on the Pachsaber website, it looks great too.

I find the Legacy lightsaber to be great hilts for the price. I personally think that for the average cost of $165, you can get a nice looking hilt. And if you already have the blade (otherwise tack on another $50), you have the added functionality of a working lightsaber.

ShopDisney has the Leia lightsaber in stock now.

Target has the Kenobi saber for 25% off, along with most Disney toys today only.

The Reva lightsaber project ended last night and was not funded.

Screenshot_20220712-113425__01.jpg

Last edited:
My Black Series Leia lightsaber arrived today I ordered it from ShopDisney.

The hilt is cracked. One of the pearl inlays is broken off. The gold on the fat emitter is smudged. It's also much more dull than the thin neck or hilt. It looks like they applied a matt clear to it.

IMG_20220715_150751.jpgIMG_20220715_153612.jpgIMG_20220715_150946.jpgIMG_20220715_153654.jpgIMG_20220715_160502.jpg

Update on the Leia saber. I contacted ShopDisney to get it exchanged and they are out of stock. It was in stock when I submitted the request. No where else has it currently. My options are to either return it for a full refund and keep it for a 10% refund.

I put some batteries in to test if it even works. I saw one review on Target mention this issue on this saber... On the white blaster deflect, the LEDs turn completely off as it fades. No other Elite sabers have that issue at all. That seems like bad programming on the sound board.

I can't recommend this saber. The electronics are bad and mine isn't even in displayable condition.

Update on the Leia saber. I contacted ShopDisney to get it exchanged and they are out of stock. It was in stock when I submitted the request. No where else has it currently. My options are to either return it for a full refund and keep it for a 10% refund.

I put some batteries in to test if it even works. I saw one review on Target mention this issue on this saber... On the white blaster deflect, the LEDs turn completely off as it fades. No other Elite sabers have that issue at all. That seems like bad programming on the sound board.

I can't recommend this saber. The electronics are bad and mine isn't even in displayable condition.
I would send it back. I don’t feel 10% is a fair trade off.

If it were me, I would hold off and roll the dice and wait a while for a good sale somewhere like GameStop, Amazon, or even Hasbro ( I recently bought the Rey Black Series during the May 4th sale for 40% off and free shipping].

I this particular case, I really liked the look of the Leia hilt but I didn’t feel the BS or the Legacy versions would do it justice as the high polished silver, rose gold, and mother of pearl inlay is hard to do other than going all out. Something the BS and Legacy hilt can’t do if they want to offer fx within a certain price point. So I opted to get Anakin Starkiller’s empty Leia hilt. It was $250 which is cheaper than the BS. Granted it does not do anything except look pretty but for me it was what I wanted. I’m not knocking the BS or Legacy hilt, just IMHO, I have to weigh option for the different hilts based on person preference, appearance, and value.

Last edited:
Star Wars The Black Series Darth Vader Force FX Elite Lightsaber!

They're marketing it as a Kenobi hilt, but that's a Rogue One hilt. In the show it looks more like ANH.

posted for image…

I like how they included the screws in the grip. That’s the kind of detail that often get left off on mass produced hilts like this.

They are including the kyber crystal like they did with Ahsoka’s hilt. For those not aware, these are not something that you leave inside the hilt. When the blade is removed, you shove the cryst chamber into the hilt and the chamber charges up for a short amount of time, you pull it out and the crystal glows. IMHO, a very lame accessory. However since not including it would most likely not effect the MSRP, I guess it‘s nice to has something than not.

Last edited:
Can you get the Disney/galaxys edge FX Vader saber anywhere for less than a force fx one? this could be an empty hilt or as is.
The Galaxy’s Edge Vader is $150 another $50 if you want/need a blade. Disney also sells what is referred to as a black box saber or parks saber, which is the hilt, blade, stand, wall mount, and belt clip for $220.

The common theme among reviews when comparing most Black Series lightsabers to Disney Lightsabers is that the BS has better brightness, sound, blade stability plus so, added blade effects and in general reviewers like the stand design.

So basically it depends on what you want in for your needs.

The Galaxy’s Edge Vader is $150 another $50 if you want/need a blade. Disney also sells what is referred to as a black box saber or parks saber, which is the hilt, blade, stand, wall mount, and belt clip for $220.

The common theme among reviews when comparing most Black Series lightsabers to Disney Lightsabers is that the BS has better brightness, sound, blade stability plus so, added blade effects and in general reviewers like the stand design.

So basically it depends on what you want in for your needs.
well I want to convert a Vader hilt without having to buy the TCCS bladeholder as the shipping costs 60 bucks to the uk and JQ sabers don't have any in stock so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back