New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

View attachment 1571946
New Black Series hilt announced.
I'm assuming this is going to be the new hilt from the Kenobi series?

Looks to be a decent enough blend of the ROTS & ANH pieces and color schemes... kinda wish it had a D-Ring tho...

But what is up with the top ring of the grenade section? It looks so... flat??? Pretty radical departure from the angled design you see in virtually every other thin-neck saber beforehand? Is this to better facilitate the FX swap for this replica in particular? Or is there a prop/in universe basis for this?

But what is up with the top ring of the grenade section? It looks so... flat???
When you compare it with the reference photos from the series, it looks like a piece is missing. Let's hope that is the case here. Would not be the first time early images were missing a piece or hard a part put on the wrong way.

I have the previous Kenobi with the fat neck, so I'm curious to see this one with the blade in place. The ANH Kenobi is my favorite saber overall so I might just pick this one up as it's pretty close to the original.

I have the previous Kenobi with the fat neck, so I'm curious to see this one with the blade in place. The ANH Kenobi is my favorite saber overall so I might just pick this one up as it's pretty close to the original.
Same. Looks like they managed to make the fat neck on the new one ever so slightly thinner. There are a few small differences in the sculpt from the old ROTS saber, so it looks like the Kenobi series saber is more than just a weathered ROTS. I wish they'd do a proper ANH one too.

GridArt_20220504_162201187.jpg

If they up the production cost by $5 they could probably engineer a skinny neck LED saber and for the $300 they are charging they had better engineer/deliver a skinny neck saber.

They certainly have enough fan-made examples to look at how to do it easily.

Same. Looks like they managed to make the fat neck on the new one ever so slightly thinner. There are a few small differences in the sculpt from the old ROTS saber, so it looks like the Kenobi series saber is more than just a weathered ROTS. I wish they'd do a proper ANH one too.

View attachment 1572552

It looks a lot like they utilized much of the same molds. The new weathering really helps the look. The neck does look better but I am not sure it has been tweaked or is the paint job just helps.

It looks a lot like they utilized much of the same molds. The new weathering really helps the look. The neck does look better but I am not sure it has been tweaked or is the paint job just helps.
Not a single part of the new saber looks like the old version. Comparing part by part I see new tooling for every single component.

if they did th thin neck right, it would have to be solid metal for strength, and thats just probably too much for them.

Not a single part of the new saber looks like the old version. Comparing part by part I see new tooling for every single component.
Let's hope so, I always like when they try to do better. i would imagine they would at least have to do a new top section since they are making it swappable. But honestly, the rest of it looks much the same if you use your imagination and envision the old one with a weathered paint job. But that's just me. I hope you're right.

Last edited:
Man that’s a nasty seam line on the neck… also looks like painted plastic, ugh. Bet Galaxy’s Edge does a nicer one.

View attachment 1571964
The fact that they couldn't even be bothered to at least make the product photos look good is :(

Hasbro is becoming more and more disappointing every year. Now they can't even be bothered to do well with the one thing I still bought from them.

Well, the bladed version is pretty underwhelming, but if this goes on sale on Black Friday or something, I'll consider ordering. I got sorta burned on their Darksaber last year -- and at least that one was $30 cheaper.

It’s not a lightsaber, but this is new to GE. The buttons light up and can be pressed, it has sounds and the sides open by turning the handle. Gonna go over this week and see if I can find this and the baby sarlacc.

Attachments

• 95DEDEFF-8A4C-4159-8A43-7E0778B8D311.png
    95DEDEFF-8A4C-4159-8A43-7E0778B8D311.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 127

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back