New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

1E570B8B-6F18-40CB-AD1B-DEF7D929AF3F.jpeg

How long are those blades?
To be clear, no blades are included with this set. However, the ones shown in my photo are 31”. They belong to me and my son as we got them with our Savi custom builds.

The 3 legacy lightsabers that were listed earlier this month (Skywalker TFA, Vader, and Mace) those do come with 31” blades. Otherwise, when you buy blades separately at the parks, you can choose 36” or 28” lengths.

To be clear, no blades are included with this set. However, the ones shown in my photo are 31”. They belong to me and my son as we got them with our Savi custom builds.

The 3 legacy lightsabers that were listed earlier this month (Skywalker TFA, Vader, and Mace) those do come with 31” blades. Otherwise, when you buy blades separately at the parks, you can choose 36” or 28” lengths.
i only ask because that other video showing the new maul saber he used 29" and they looked small

i only ask because that other video showing the new maul saber he used 29" and they looked small

if I had a choice, I would use the shorter blades too if I was actually going to spin it around. I’m only 67” so the size is very long. Good chance of the blades hitting the ground.

My family (wife a 4th degree master, daughter 3 degree black belt, and son second degree black belt) tell me that your staff weapon should be somewhere up to your nose to no more than 6 inches over your head. Of course that’s the real world so it doesn’t need to translate to SWU.

The Temple Guard sabers are awesome. I got my set a few days ago, they look great, no doubt about it. Definitely worth the price! The solid wood box is also pretty sweet.

I've also seen that some people have been receiving the Black Series Rey sabers. Color me jealous about that... BBTS and Hasbro still show a release date of May 2022, Amazon has around the same. Guess I preordered from the wrong place again. But that BBTS free shipping is always so tempting... EE shows a release date of January 2022, but they want $190.79 just for standard shipping... Pfft, yeah, no thanks. What is EE smoking?

Last edited:
The Temple Guard sabers are awesome. I got my set a few days ago, they look great, no doubt about it. Definitely worth the price! The solid wood box is also pretty sweet.

I've also seen that some people have been receiving the Black Series Rey sabers. Color me jealous about that... BBTS and Hasbro still show a release date of May 2022, Amazon has around the same. Guess I preordered from the wrong place again. But that BBTS free shipping is always so tempting... EE shows a release date of January 2022, but they want $190.79 just for standard shipping... Pfft, yeah, no thanks. What is EE smoking?
I have learned to always pre order from 3rd party sites… hasbro ships their stuff last

The emitter fins on the Rey are cast in a metallic gold plastic with the heat/burn pattern painted on the raw plastic. Obviously the bare plastic looks like… plastic.

I feel confident if the fins are painted the same dark brown as the rest of the saber and then some light dry-brushing and weathering added the fins will not look cheap/plastic anymore and will not be so distracting.

Mara Jade's Father, what is your opinion regarding the Temple Guard hilt materials?

For the most part, it's metal and it has some weight to it. I am very happy with the way it is made. I could see how it might appear to look like plastic due to the paint scheme but that is a downfall to it being modeled after an animated item. I hope to someday get my prop room squared away. I would love to display it with a Temple Guard mask.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back