New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

I saw the new darksaber from this line in Walmart when I was in Florida
This one?
I think I was at WM too

0A226C89-4D46-4215-AF6B-2FE8D0FB3883.jpeg
011FB68B-8BEF-4B1F-B9BE-190770B16373.jpeg

I saw the new darksaber from this line in Walmart when I was in Florida
As toy lightsaber go. I think they're kinda cool. The way you can swap parts around and make a unique lightsaber is pretty sweet. I would have loved something like that when I was a kid. I remember the Ultimate Lightsaber, though I never saw one in stores. It was a big kit of all sorts of parts. It was basically a flashlight with sound. Then these "sleeves" that slid onto it. It had little colored crystals inside. I actually think they still use a system that's almost the same at Disney World or something.

As toy lightsaber go. I think they're kinda cool. The way you can swap parts around and make a unique lightsaber is pretty sweet. I would have loved something like that when I was a kid. I remember the Ultimate Lightsaber, though I never saw one in stores. It was a big kit of all sorts of parts. It was basically a flashlight with sound. Then these "sleeves" that slid onto it. It had little colored crystals inside. I actually think they still use a system that's almost the same at Disney World or something.
I collect licensed dark saber stuff, so this would just stay in the box lol I wouldn’t be playing with it

She accidentally switches off the stunt saber during the fight, just further bringing attention to the fact that they're different. The choreography is surprisingly good. The switch out is just so awkward. She just randomly drops to ground lol. If they can have Kylo knock her on the ground before the first swing, then that might work.

Spoiler warning, that retractable lightsaber in the works
That’s the same thing we have been talking about for years now…

It’s a show piece. Not designed to be a product.

She accidentally switches off the stunt saber during the fight, just further bringing attention to the fact that they're different. The choreography is surprisingly good. The switch out is just so awkward. She just randomly drops to ground lol. If they can have Kylo knock her on the ground before the first swing, then that might work.
She's supposed to be dodging a blaster bolt when she drops to the floor, it's just not very noticeable. There's a blaster sound effect just before she drops down... They need to add a little blast explosion and red light flashing across the wall or something to make it more obvious as to what's happening.

---

I'm sure that things will be smoothed out as time goes on, like making the lightsaber swap a little less obvious (coordinating that better) and fixing the issue with the battle saber being able to be accidentally turned off. Personally, I think I'd remove the switch from the lightsaber, or just make it static, so it can't be turned off until the Rey actress goes backstage, and the batteries are removed, or there's an internal switch or something to turn it off. Disney will figure it out.

I definitely am planning to go to the starcruiser, but I thought I'd wait a few months to give Disney time to get more of the kinks worked out.

She's supposed to be dodging a blaster bolt when she drops to the floor, it's just not very noticeable. There's a blaster sound effect just before she drops down... They need to add a little blast explosion and red light flashing across the wall or something to make it more obvious as to what's happening.

---

I'm sure that things will be smoothed out as time goes on, like making the lightsaber swap a little less obvious (coordinating that better) and fixing the issue with the battle saber being able to be accidentally turned off. Personally, I think I'd remove the switch from the lightsaber, or just make it static, so it can't be turned off until the Rey actress goes backstage, and the batteries are removed, or there's an internal switch or something to turn it off. Disney will figure it out.

I definitely am planning to go to the starcruiser, but I thought I'd wait a few months to give Disney time to get more of the kinks worked out.
I give the chick credit, towards the end of the fight she’s really flipping around

I was thinking they could do a reverse projection, much like the ghosts in The Haunted Mansion for blaster bolts. You'd have to control the viewing angle of the audience & have impeccable timing with your performers, but it'd be neat for the crowd to see some live blaster fire.

I was thinking they could do a reverse projection, much like the ghosts in The Haunted Mansion for blaster bolts. You'd have to control the viewing angle of the audience & have impeccable timing with your performers, but it'd be neat for the crowd to see some live blaster fire.
That is an amazing technology, and to think they had it all those years ago

---

I think they should just make it simple and have Ren force push her to the floor or maybe even trigger some sort of conduit that throws up a large burst of concealing smoke in order for her to do the switch out Prior to the fight scene.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back