New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

Also worth nothing that Force Fx Ahsoka is probably being recalled by Hasbro. They removed it from their site completely, as have multiple retailers, and I’ve seen multiple complaints of people cutting their hands open on sharp edges of the hilt.

Also worth nothing that Force Fx Ahsoka is probably being recalled by Hasbro. They removed it from their site completely, as have multiple retailers, and I’ve seen multiple complaints of people cutting their hands open on sharp edges of the hilt.
Wow!!

Huh, you're right. It's still available in stock at many online retailers, but the major chains like Best Buy and Target removed it.

I don't recall the edges being sharp or even uncomfortable when gripping the hilt. I want to play with it now when I get home. Many reviews on Amazon do mention cutting themselves. Weird.

Last edited:
Several US folks that ordered through BBTS have gotten darksaber their pre-order.
Yep, mine was delivered this past weekend. Not bad but not good either; it weighs a ton as it's all a die cast metal body/guard. The stand is cool, but the way it sits and the weight of the saber is recipe for tipping and chipping the thick enamel paint. A lot of details that have been captured by some of the projects groups here are missing which is disapointing considering the access to the resources available for the licensed products. The blade is "neat" as are the sound effects but not even cautious dueling with this thing, so the price tag vs. product is a serious swing and a miss. Glad I got in on one of the Darksaber projects...

Good news on the Darksaber. Gamestop updated the release date from October to August 17.

A few more people have said they also received it from BBTS.

Screenshot_20210805-101644.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, mine was delivered this past weekend. Not bad but not good either; it weighs a ton as it's all a die cast metal body/guard. The stand is cool, but the way it sits and the weight of the saber is recipe for tipping and chipping the thick enamel paint. A lot of details that have been captured by some of the projects groups here are missing which is disapointing considering the access to the resources available for the licensed products. The blade is "neat" as are the sound effects but not even cautious dueling with this thing, so the price tag vs. product is a serious swing and a miss. Glad I got in on one of the Darksaber projects...

Thanks for the feedback. Ive cancelled mine... this on top of that ugly speaker grill convinced me.

Yeah, unfortunate as there was a lot of potential. The really thick looking enamel on the guard takes away from what could have been a classy saber replica. Another concern as I was changing out the blade plug and battery a the rear with the Allen wrench (included), it feels as if it could easily become cross threaded with the die cast metal and you've just turned it into an expensive (and heavy) static prop.

The Rey lightsaber is up for preorder now. Sadly Hasbro has increased the price yet again. It is $265.

I also received the Darksaber today. I am very pleased with it. Displaying it next to all my other Black Series saber, it is worth mentioning that the hilt-blade proportion is off from all the previous ones. It is by far the longest hilt while also having the shortest blade. The blade is about 3-4 inches shorter than the rest.

I love that we FINALLY have a rechargeable battery on a lightsaber. Only other nitpick is the sound. With the speaker being on the upper left side of the hilt, you're basically forced to use a righthand forward grip if you want to avoid muffling it.

GameStop has they Rey saber for only $250. I ordered the Darksaber from them for only $215. I think it's worth the price. Definitely waiting for Rey to be further discounted though.

Hasbro showed it off in their Livestream yesterday. The wrap on the fabric looks terrible. Heavily weathering it should help, if not replace it entirely. The best part is the rotating power switch is accurate, unlike the Galaxy's Edge saber that just has a button.

FB_IMG_1631228460865.jpg

The Rey lightsaber is up for preorder now. Sadly Hasbro has increased the price yet again. It is $265.

I also received the Darksaber today. I am very pleased with it. Displaying it next to all my other Black Series saber, it is worth mentioning that the hilt-blade proportion is off from all the previous ones. It is by far the longest hilt while also having the shortest blade. The blade is about 3-4 inches shorter than the rest.

I love that we FINALLY have a rechargeable battery on a lightsaber. Only other nitpick is the sound. With the speaker being on the upper left side of the hilt, you're basically forced to use a righthand forward grip if you want to avoid muffling it.
The BS darksaber is awesome.And the shorter blade is accurate.Its the season 2 version of the Mandalorian TV show.
0a140a03-0e8d-4147-852f-3f560ad42bc5_16-9-aspect-ratio_default_0.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back