New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

Target's website used to say February 5th. Most other retailers state April-June. I think Target's just going to keep bumping the date back.

This promo video was released a couple months ago. It shows the three colors of the Ahsoka saber.

That’s pretty amazing. Looks like they’re incorporating a lot of the features from the Proffie-type sabers, which is awesome!

Still bummed they didn’t offer both the Tano sabers though...

Sean

Galaxy's Edge just released a Rey saber. While they are not exactly the same as the Black Series, I hope this is a good sign that the Black Series one isn't far off.

The galaxy's edge Rey Saber seems kind of lame and has the same flaws the others do. If I was interested in buying a toy version (or any version really) of her saber at bare minimum I'd want one that was more screen accurate with an activation switch that actually worked as her's did. Hopefully Hasbro's will at least have that function. I feel like the Black Series could be much much better than what it is. Was not very impressed with the Revan or Darth Sidious.

According to Yakface the Ahsoka saber will begin shipping soon:

Screenshot_20210519-194642__01.jpg

I received the Ahsoka saber. Maybe it's just mine but there is a split second delay on the clash and blaster deflect effects. The secondary button is finicky. To change the blade color, you're supposed to hold both the power and secondary button. Sometimes it will change color without holding the power button. Other times I'll hold both and it just does the melting effect.

CollageMaker_20210628_183040353.jpg

BBTS also has a promo for the Darksaber.

Last edited:
I got the Ahsoka a couple weeks ago. I like it. I don't really need all the extra effects. I'm happy with the old standards. The crystal is interesting but too high maintenance to get all the color changes. I'd rather they just did an interesting blade plug. The process for removing the blade is a pain but I figure they wanted to come up with a way that would ensure any accidental ejection of the blade when swinging so I can deal with that as it is nice to have the removable blades offered again.

So there's been 2 new videos on youtube this week of people who have received the Darksaber in Asia. I just saw someone on Facebook receive it. But all retailers are still showing approximately October for the release date.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back