New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

I was not expecting a new lightsaber announcement today. They're already re-releasing the Kit Fisto, Asajj, and Dooku sabers this year. For some reason they've jacked the price up to $215 and those don't seem to be part of the Elite line.

I'm glad they're coming out with a new hilt, but I would preferred Ben Solo's chrome saber or Rey's yellow saber.

Hasbro have done those in the past few years and the Vader is among the current releases. one of the biggest complaints over the Black Series FX lightsabers is that they tend to just rerelease the same hilts with few new designs. I suspect Revan was chosen since he is a fan favorite. They did a poll to ask fans what 6” figure they would like and Revan won so I assume they think fans might like his lightsaber too. Additionally LFL have been talking about bringing Knights of the Old Republic back into canon.

I personally would have liked another hilt design. Would have loved a pair of Ahsoka Clone War style hilts.

The elite line is brand spanking new with Kylo Ren being the first hilt. Look up the reviews they have features a standard Black series does not have. They finally are trying to compete with custom sabers.

I was not expecting a new lightsaber announcement today. They're already re-releasing the Kit Fisto, Asajj, and Dooku sabers this year. For some reason they've jacked the price up to $215 and those don't seem to be part of the Elite line.

I'm glad they're coming out with a new hilt, but I would preferred Ben Solo's chrome saber or Rey's yellow saber.

Those will be out this June but just because the Revan is announced does not mean it will be out with them. I’m thinking Fall or even next Spring.

As far as a Ben Solo or Rey yellow saber, I have to wonder about LFL/Disney/Hasbro willingness to continue on with that part of the franchise that is both over and did not really do well with merchandising or fan reception. Seems like they would focus on future endeavors and fill with the more popular fan interests like original trilogy and the CW series.

You might see a Rey saber at Galaxies Edge the same way they did the Ben saber. That whole land is devoted to that era so they probably will keep doing things related to the sequel series. Just my humble opinion.

I watched the Hasbro Livestream. The Revan saber will have color changing LEDs so you can choose from a red and purple blade (hopefully not pink like the Mace Windu saber). It has a removable kyber crystal which holds a charge so it remains lit. Preorder goes live at 4pm.

It's $250. Comes out September. Between this, the Dragon Dagger, and Neutrona Wand.. Hasbro is bleeding me dry.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the new sabers that are coming out have removable blades? I know the Elite does but what about the regular line. For $219 I would hope so.

Maybe the added price is because they've been upgraded with removable blades. The mid level Disney sabers were, so...

The Elite sabers have removable blades...there is no point in doing that now and screwing over the previous sabers in the Black series line.

Announcement today from Hasbro

Elite FX Ahsoka Lightsaber (clone wars style).

Revealed at #HasbroPulseCon, it's the Star Wars The Black Series Ahsoka Tano Force FX Elite Lightsaber! Available for pre-order on 09/25/2020 at 5:00pm ET on #HasbroPulse! (Site and products US/CA only)

_nc_ohc=lG4gZVUMO8AAX__zzqz&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg

more pictures here: Hasbro Pulse

No word about if blade color can change and no sign of the little saber.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back