New Hasbro Toy Lightsabers

Also, for the sake of putting info out there:

If you go to the store, you will notice that the telescoping hilts (the non electronic style) have new packaging but there are also some changes:

- The hilts are no longer painted silver. They are now bare molded plastic which is more towards the gray side. Good because kid play will not show as much wear. Bad because you see the swirling imperfections in the plastic.

- The red permanent arrow on the switch plate is gone.

- The Anakin hilt has added black paint detail in the little charge/prong hole near the emitter.

- The Covertec style knob is not a smaller style that would work in US style cell phone carriers. It is now closer in size and appearance to the actual Covertec knob. However from the look of the small gap on the knob, it does not look functional. The stupid hook is still there.

If the Obi Force FX is the TPM version I'm in like Flint. If it's the thick neck ROS, count me out.

The other day, for whatever reason, I ended up on the Walmart website, so I did a search for lightsabers. According to the site, while they aren't available online, nor is any price provided, the Signature (Black?) Series FX sabers may be available in some stores. Has anyone ever seen those in any of the stores... Ever?

And whatever happened to the Yoda Ultimate FX? It was shown at last year's toy fair, and I even saw someone in China selling them on Ebay, but unlike the color change Vader, it never seems to have materialized in the US market.

Last edited:
You know collapsible means the blade goes into the handle? Its a Partial-collapsible blade,some of the blade remains outside of the saber. But these are kinda cheap,I'd get the Ultimate FX which I may be getting soon

- - - Updated - - -

I take a razor blade and cut the hook off

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen them in the Big Flats store near me,or the Sayre walmart but I haven't been there in a while

For any of you are still interested, the color change Vader is on clearance at K-Mart. While it's only $36 vs. the $39 original price, they do occasionally take an additional percentage off all clearance items (recently it was 30%, bringing it down to $25.20). If it goes down further, maybe I'll get one. Maybe...

And whatever happened to the Yoda Ultimate FX? It was shown at last year's toy fair, and I even saw someone in China selling them on Ebay, but unlike the color change Vader, it never seems to have materialized in the US market.

Jedi Temple Archives is reporting that new Rebel items are showing up at Target. Among those items, they report...

They also had the Vader and Yoda FX lightsabers in new Rebels packaging.

Read it here: http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13931/#details

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out (although history has shown that my area always seems to be the last to get anything).

I don't often buy the toy lightsabers but I'm really digging the Inquisitor lightsaber, I might have to pick that one up. I'm also hoping for a release of Ezra's lightsaber... A lightsaber with a blaster attached to it? Want. (That would also make an awesome Force FX... Hint hint, Hasbro! I'll throw my money at you for a Force FX Ezra lightsaber!)

I was in a Disney store yesterday to check if they'd received any Rebels merchandise yet, and noticed they now have the color changing Vader marked down to $24.99. Get 'em while you can! On an unrelated note, they have some speaking stormtrooper figures (12"?) that look pretty cool, if you like that sort of thing.

I was in a Disney store yesterday to check if they'd received any Rebels merchandise yet, and noticed they now have the color changing Vader marked down to $24.99. Get 'em while you can! On an unrelated note, they have some speaking stormtrooper figures (12"?) that look pretty cool, if you like that sort of thing.

They have that deal on line as well but they recently sold out of the color changing saber. You can still pick up the Revenge of the Sith Anakin for that price: http://www.disneystore.com/luke-sky...e-fx-lightsaber-by-hasbro/mp/1351002/1000265/

They now up to 6 different talking 13" figures: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/s...s+talking&D=star+wars+talking&Dr=pPublished:1

Some look better than others. A lot of the arms are limited in their movements and there are a lot of screw holes in the back. But the sounds are great. I picked up the trooper a few months ago because it is a great sculpt and makes a great display piece in my collection. You can see him on the shelf to the left:

IMG_1787_zpsb9363c1e.jpg

I am looking forward to their upcoming die cast ship line.

I'm no expert on the matter, but the stormtrooper's helmet looked spot on, where the toys usually look almost nearly, but not quite, right. I was tempted to buy one myself, and I don't even collect figures.

The talking ones are pretty cool, actually. The sound quality is also pretty good for a toy, which kind of surprised me. I have a set of the original four (stormtrooper, Han Solo, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker X-wing pilot)... I got them back when they had one come out each week with a different set of Star Wars trading cards, with the stormtrooper being the first one released on May 4th. I was rather impressed by the figures overall-- and Han looks pretty awesome-- though the X-wing pilot outfit on Luke is still far from accurate. But it is better. I actually thought that the Luke outfit was kind of funny... For the 3 3/4 inch and 6 inch X-wing pilot figures Hasbro has continually screwed up the commpad by using a version that was only seen in a pre-production picture of Luke (it has an orange strap going over the commpad, while the film costumes have the commpad in a "window" pocket with no strap)... On the talking figure they didn't give him a commpad at all. :p

I still need to get the Chewbacca and Boba Fett figures. Those are fairly new, though. Eh, I'll get 'em sooner or later.

I saw the new Yoda lightsaber at a Target last weekend. It's a neat looking saber. They also had the color-changing Vader sabers... I can't remember how much the Vader cost but it seems like it was around $25, but I can't say for certain. I've also found lots of the Command series (which I still can't entirely figure out how kids are supposed to play with them), the Inquisitor's lightsaber, costumes (Darth Vader, Inquisitor, Ezra Brdiger and animated stromtrooper), inflatable R2-D2, animated stormtrooper rifle and some other stuff. Still no new figures, unfortunately. And no Star Wars Hotwheels, though I'm not entirely sure when those come out.

disneyStoreStarWars_May26-2014.jpg

Last edited:
...though the X-wing pilot outfit on Luke is still far from accurate. But it is better. I actually thought that the Luke outfit was kind of funny... For the 3 3/4 inch and 6 inch X-wing pilot figures Hasbro has continually screwed up the commpad by using a version that was only seen in a pre-production picture of Luke (it has an orange strap going over the commpad, while the film costumes have the commpad in a "window" pocket with no strap)... On the talking figure they didn't give him a commpad at all. :p

That's not a strap you see across the sleeve control panel, it is the plastic panel sliding out of the window pocket. The upper section of that pocket is what is obstructing the view.
Disney did do a much better job with the costume details than Hasbro has done in the past.

The biggest problems with Hasbro is that they use the worse image resources. The pre-production shots of Luke inn X-Wing costume such as the one used in the Star Wars Visual Dictionary has several errors when compared to how the costume was worn in the movie.
- The hose is not attached to the suit, it is just tucked into the helmet. The word is that they were going to use a mask in the movie that the hose attached to but nixed it in later stages.
- His flak vest is backwards (They did wear them backwards in The Empire Strikes Back, but not A New Hope and Return of the Jedi)
- Wrong boots. He is wearing riding boots but should be wearing German Tanker boots.
- As mentioned above, the sleeve control panel is not situated correctly.
- He's belt is askew. buckle should be positioned front and center.

The other problem Hasbro runs into is that they use reference pictures of the Magic of The Myth exhibit. The big problem there is that they used the tan belt of the Yavin ground crew rather than the correct gray belt on the display.

Sideshow has a 1/6th scale figure coming out that looks as if they nailed the a lot of the details.
http://jeffreyklyles.files.wordpres...splay-luke-skywalker-in-x-wing-gear.jpg?w=687

That's not a strap you see across the sleeve control panel, it is the plastic panel sliding out of the window pocket. The upper section of that pocket is what is obstructing the view.
Disney did do a much better job with the costume details than Hasbro has done in the past.

The biggest problems with Hasbro is that they use the worse image resources. The pre-production shots of Luke inn X-Wing costume such as the one used in the Star Wars Visual Dictionary has several errors when compared to how the costume was worn in the movie.
- The hose is not attached to the suit, it is just tucked into the helmet. The word is that they were going to use a mask in the movie that the hose attached to but nixed it in later stages.
- His flak vest is backwards (They did wear them backwards in The Empire Strikes Back, but not A New Hope and Return of the Jedi)
- Wrong boots. He is wearing riding boots but should be wearing German Tanker boots.
- As mentioned above, the sleeve control panel is not situated correctly.
- He's belt is askew. buckle should be positioned front and center.

The other problem Hasbro runs into is that they use reference pictures of the Magic of The Myth exhibit. The big problem there is that they used the tan belt of the Yavin ground crew rather than the correct gray belt on the display.

Sideshow has a 1/6th scale figure coming out that looks as if they nailed the a lot of the details.
http://jeffreyklyles.files.wordpres...splay-luke-skywalker-in-x-wing-gear.jpg?w=687

This picture? Looks like a strap to me. Both ends of the commpad are visible and a strap of material is going over the front. You can even see the strap stitched down on the one visible corner. The terrible Rubies costume even has it the same way. Not that it really matters... Either way it's completely inaccurate. :p

It always baffled me... You'd think that Hasbro would have access to decent references or would at least try to find as good of references as possible... And yet their figures are usually far from accurate. Take their Y-wing pilot, for example... They just used a B-wing pilot, repainted it, and stuck a Y-wing pilot helmet on it. Meanwhile, LEGO got the Y-wing pilot almost spot-on. It's kind of sad when LEGO makes their Star Wars minifigures more accurate than Hasbro makes their figures. :lol

And to add to your list of inaccuracies about that picture... The commpad is up-side down (and as Rebel Legion pilot costume judge that always drives me crazy for some reason), the leg flares are gray instead of silver, the belt buckle is on the side instead of the front (though it looks like the belt just needs to be turned)...

This picture? Looks like a strap to me.

Nope. That is the top edge of the window pocket. Excuse the crude illustration...

You can see the thick top edge of the widow pocket in this shot: http://www.reocities.com/Area51/quadrant/8634/images/Magic/rebel_xwingpilot.jpg

The control panel slides in at the top of the pocket. Now image you take hold of the panel and pull it out about a half way so that the thick control panel is exposed and the top border of the window runs across the center. That's what you have in that other picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 119
Nope. That is the top edge of the window pocket. Excuse the crude illustration...

You can see the thick top edge of the widow pocket in this shot: http://www.reocities.com/Area51/quadrant/8634/images/Magic/rebel_xwingpilot.jpg

The control panel slides in at the top of the pocket. Now image you take hold of the panel and pull it out about a half way so that the thick control panel is exposed and the top border of the window runs across the center. That's what you have in that other picture.
Ah, yeah, you're right, I never noticed the corners of the pocket in that picture. Hm, interesting. Well, Hasbro definitely thought that it was a strap, 'cause that's what they have on all of their X-wing pilot figures for the last few years. Don't ask me why. Sometimes I wonder if the people who design the figures at Hasbro have even watched any of the Star Wars movies. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back