New Hasbro Dooku FX Saber question.

Jamesfett

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I received mine from BBTS. It's scratched up pretty bad so I will have to exchange it.

My question is were the Master Replicas Version so fat as well?

With FX tech getting so much better I was expecting a more accurate size but it's got a huge hilt. Bigger than a Graflex I think. It looks and feels very odd. Nothing spectacular about the blade either. Pretty much the same as the MR line. Sound is good.

Thanks

Unless something has changed, the Hasbro FX sabers are made in the same factory as the MR FX Sabers because Hasbro bought out that part of MR when MR folded. So any saber that was made by MR before Hasbro would be the same as a Hasbro saber because they are using the same tooling/molds.

New Hasbro sabers are different and benefit from new designs and innovations.

It's my understanding that the MR FX lightsabers were enlarged versions of their props, with the increased size being due to the need of installing internal electronics. I have the MR AotC Anakin FX lightsaber, and I'd say it's about 1.5x larger than the original props.

As far as I can tell, they are identical in design. The Black Series one is nothing more than a rerelease of the old one. Mine arrives next week. I'm glad Hasbro is releasing it cause the old one is among the more expensive/rare FX sabers on ebay.

The thing that bothers me about the design is the pommel in regards to the speaker. This is the most quiet Black Series saber, even more than Kylo. The sound ventilation is really poor as much of the speaker grille is blocked off.

It might have been in design or tooling when Hasbro took over, or the same team that designed the MR sabers also designed the Hasbro ones so it's the same as if had been an MR FX saber.
Considering this is speculation, it still holds that MR never made a Count Dooku force fx lightsaber.

Just for fun, because I didn’t even realize how few designs MR actually made, this is a list of all of them, not including models MR rereleased themselves.

Attachments

• 5F787D10-DEC0-4EC5-B9F7-AB98A2B05D5C.png
    5F787D10-DEC0-4EC5-B9F7-AB98A2B05D5C.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
Is it possible that Hasbro simply increased the size on the mold of a regular MR Dooku lightsaber hilt?

Or possibly retooled their old AotC toy Dooku lightsaber to remove the screw holes? Couldn't be too hard. Just fill in the spaces and screw holes with putty, and then cast it in metal instead of plastic.

Products aren’t really developed that way. They are developed whole cloth for their intended materials and purposes.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back