Hey Gang,

I just finished up this fun piece. Man Howard did an outstanding
job on this sculpt.

Boris Karloff as the Bride of Frankenstein Monster

A 1/1 Resin Cast Bust

For anyone who has not heard of Basil Gogos, he is an incredibly
talented painter who painted many of the classic monsters in a
bright colorful style. Many of his paintings were used as covers of
the Famous Monsters Magazines that most of grew up with.
Check out his web site - http://www.basilgogos.com/

Well I have been waiting for the opportunity to try this style again.
When Howard told me he was going to sculpt a new Monster in the
pose similar to one of Basil Gogos paintings, I new that I would soon
have my chance.

I really love this style, itÂ’s fun to try something totally outside of the box
once in a while.

For more info on how to get one of these outstanding busts contact
Howard at - info@howardsstudios.com

Thanks for Looking.

°Jeff Camp

camper

CAMP_0470_BMnstr.jpg

CAMP_0472_BMnstr.jpg

CAMP_0480_BMnstr.jpg

That´s a painting for sure...not a painted bust..... :eek
Please tell me you´ve shot some WIP pics.?

AWESOME.
(btw: is the background digitally added or is it a painted backdrop?)

Markus

OK, here's how cool that is: Take the coolest thing you can find, make it a little cooler, then refrigerate it over night.

When I scrolled down and saw the pics, I thought, "OK, yes, I'm very familiar with Gogos's work. So, there are the paintings he's basing his paintjob on. Hey. Where's the pics of the bust?" I'm still not convinced that it's not a picture of a painting.

Holy smokes.

I've been without internet as of yesterday and logged in right now from work (thanks for the heads up Howard.). This looks absolutely stunning Jeff. Incredibly hard to believe that this is a 3-dimensional object. I know if I show these pics to anyone here at work they won't believe it's not an actual Gogos 2-D painting.

I was stunned when Howard first unveiled this sculpt - I'm just floored with Jeff's finish. You guys make a great team. Simply unbelievable. I still can't believe my eyes ...

Hey Gang,

Here are a few photos without the purple background to show that it truly is a
painted bust. LOL...

Thanks for Looking, and ALL the GREAT Comments. B)

°Jeff Camp

camper

CAMP_0474_BMnstr_W.jpg

CAMP_0477_BMnstr_W.jpg

CAMP_0480_BMnstr_W.jpg

ok, That is simply amazing. I thought for sure it was just a painting ( A very nice one mind you) but w/ these added pics, my eyes hurt over the incredible paint job.

BRAVO.

That is incredible.

Just the whole idea of taking a resin bust and painting it to look like a 2D painting and duplicate the lighting effects is a amazing idea and you pulled it off perfectly. Perfect sculpt and perfect painting.

For those who haven't seen the original painting here it is:
F25CB22516FD4046BE05E12CC8ABEC62.jpg

and the original picture the painting and the pose of Howard's bust was inspired by:
boriskarloff-frankenstein.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(NEKROFANATIC @ Jul 14 2006, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1280631[/snapback]</div>
ok, That is simply amazing. I thought for sure it was just a painting ( A very nice one mind you) but w/ these added pics, my eyes hurt over the incredible paint job.

BRAVO.
[/b]

I thought the same thing. Where's the bust??

Even with the white background it still looks like a painting.. :eek

Amazing.. :thumbsup :thumbsup

I STILL won't beleive that's a painted bust until I see it in person. ;) That is incredibly well done.. I still love the first Frankensein bust you did.

You are one talented individual.
-B89. :D

I honestly scrolled up & down twice, and thought you forgot to attach the pics of the bust. I thought you were just showing paintings as reference. That is just amazing...

-Zoid

<div class='quotetop'>(Propazoid @ Jul 14 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1280676[/snapback]</div>
I honestly scrolled up & down twice, and thought you forgot to attach the pics of the bust. I thought you were just showing paintings as reference. That is just amazing...

-Zoid
[/b]

Ditto... with that purple background I couldn't see how it could literally be three dimensional. :p Completely amazing. I love it.

lol

Now it just looks like a painting before the background was finished.

<div class='quotetop'>(camper @ Jul 14 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]1280630[/snapback]</div>
Hey Gang,

Here are a few photos without the purple background to show that it truly is a
painted bust. LOL...

[/b]

Absolutely stunning- I (I guess like everyone else) thought the initial pics were paintings- WOWOWOW..

Doc

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back