New Bio attempt

Elder one

When I made the elder mask I really wasn't thinking big picture like.... are there any Bios out there that will fit it. Apparently not.

So I am taking a shot at sculpting one. I was going to hold off posting pictures until I was closer to completion, but decided what the hell - - input is always good. Here's a quick look, first the mask it's for, then the bio in clay. Picture is not the greatest, and I intend on adding some glyphs and a bit of scribing on the top, since it's for an elder. It looks a little thin at the front. but it was actually sculpted on an armature made from the mask, so the mandibles fit inside quite nicely.

comments are more than welcomed and appreciated.
Picture010.jpg
IMG_4480.jpg

E-O

Picture010.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

Dave it's great to see you sculpting up a bio for your elder. Liking the look of the bio and looking forward to seeing more progress shots

I like the bio a lot. Great idea and realization :lol: . The eyes are my only objection, that seem a little bit too large and square (they resemble me car windows). Other than that it is excellent!

I LIKE IT !! :lol: Also think the eyes are probably a great idea !! You'll be able to see much better with it on in combination with the mask !!

I also really like the double laser idea, in fact I had thought of this also, in my build, just haven't gotten there yet !! You beat me to the punch !!

Question . . . being an elder, shouldn't the "T" be much more marked up ?? like a few more tops, on the "T" or maybe a few more +'s through the "T" ?? Or, maybe multiple "T"'s ?? Maybe it's just "ceremonial" ?? Just a thought !!

Overall, I think it looks great so far . . . . :lol:

Yea I plan to scar it up pretty good with a couple of different "clan" symbols, a bit of glyph work etc.... I'm not terribly sure about the "thinness" of it. My initial idea was to have it cut away around the jaws and just have a roman style front, covering the mandibles and teeth. I can always build that option into the clay. I'm also considering smoothing the back of the crown rather than following the shape of the mask. Again - inital thought was custom to the mask.

My primary objective here was get these great comments. Iagree with adding some details since it's an elder. I also agree to do something with the eyes. Lastly, I'm going to take the front visor look a little larger. and maybe thicker. I recieved a few comments about the mask itself looking small on me. I think my physical size gives that impression, so I'm going to push the bio up and out to offset that a little. Bottomline here is - I found I can knock out a sculpt to this detail in about a day.... grab some comments and suggestions.... and if it sucks too bad, scrap it and start over without losing a ton of time.

Thanks much for all the comments/ suggestions guys. Trust me - I know where I can always find a judge, jury, and executioner.

Dave

Nice...very different and unique. As far as input...the eyes make it look a little 'spiderman' for me, and the double tri-laser seems a little redundant.

Have you thought about maybe stylizing the edge of the head, rather than following the curves of the mask? So it gives the impression of the head shape, but looks more (or less, depending on what you prefer) dramatic.

i like the frilled edge but the eyes for me are a little tall, a band around the top might help or push them up from the bottom depending on where your eyes actually sit when it's all on. looks like it's gonna be a great bio tho

You have made the right choice by sculpting yourself and if you don't like the end result, scrap it and start again. Only you won't need to start from scratch as the original sculpt or even the finished bio can be modified. Much more satisfying than buying, if you have the time and the talent.
Overall it's coming on very well but I would prefer a wider mouth piece and more oval shaped visor. Getting the banged up look and added glyphs you talk about will make a huge difference.
If your Photoshop skills are better than mine try modifying a photo of your sculpt before you commiting to clay.
Look forward to seeing progress on this one.

like it a lot mate.. looks a little marrow on the nose section. perhaps just the angle of the camera.. looking forward to seeing finsihed

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back