New airsoft sterling MK4 soon released

PlayfulWolfCub isn't doing powercells anymore? Damn! I've been pinching pennies and building up what I need to finish an E-11 myself, and the powercells were literally the last things I needed. Damn!:lol

PlayfulWolfCub isn't doing powercells anymore? Damn! I've been pinching pennies and building up what I need to finish an E-11 myself, and the powercells were literally the last things I needed. Damn!:lol

AAAAHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That explains why I have not hear anything back. I wanted one of his kits for my Airsoft/Anovos build.

Dang it, dang it, dang it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Andy (PWC) has some personal issues, I've talked with him recently. He said he will come back later this year and start making his awesome stuff again, including e-11 cylinders, rails and stands

I've got power cells modeled up based on PWC's massive research. A 3D print in steel was like $50. (image in post 161)

Shapeways has the power cells 3d printed for around 9 dollars

Go to Shapeways and use the key words

Good luck

The lowest priced one i put up is just under 8 i think in white plastic. The steels are 45...metallic plastic 12-13 or something.

I left out the wire because there were variations on it and then people could add the wire and bend it to their wishes. I also made one of all the pieces separated but the price jumped a good deal..

I'd think the scope would be very easy and up there already - is it not?

Edit, just looked, the only one i see of a quick couple searches is poor. You're in luck, i have a real scope, calipers, and i'm bored :) One m38a, without glass coming up.

Last edited:
Pm sent

Thanks

Here's what I got with a quick one time

scope2.PNGscope1.PNG

They're on shapeways now...Probably wind up taking down the one i've marked thin as it doesn't save but a couple bucks unless you go stainless.

Main is a 3mm thick body prior to adding the legs, the thinner, i made the body 2mm and hollowed out the legs to 2m except i made the bottom of the legs 10mm thick. I figured it'd save more than that, but apparently not....

Beta Projects E-11 Conversion

Hello Everyone, Just thought I should drop a line. I'm also in the process of doing a Beta Project E-11 Conversion. I'm a paintball player and I have absolutely no use for an airsoft gun so I'm not keeping mine as a functional airsoft gun although I can see the reasoning behind others doing that, it's cool and I would like to do the same with a paintball gun one day. But I bought this gun to troop public events with the 501'st so it obviously won't be able to fire any kind of projectile whatsoever. Plus I want to remove all the internals and gut the receiver to make room for electronic lights and sounds!
Obviously nothing beats a real Sterling but they are a bit heavy to troop with for hours and event coordinators won't really like you, especially here in Canada. I could buy a deactivated Sterling but they are expensive and a bit impractical plus the potential for unwanted attention/trouble in public places. There's also the fact that most deacs have the magazines welded in place or the bolt welded in place, or the trigger mechanism is disabled. I want full functionality of everything, magazine, bolt, trigger, safety selector switch, folding stock, scope, counter reset button, Everything! And I wanted actual metal not resin but I don't want it to weigh a ton. Even some of the resin blasters weigh a ton, the Hyperfirms are apparently light and great for trooping, I wanted that plus accuracy and realism but in a metal blaster not resin. I believe the Beta Project is the answer, the metal is a bit thinner and lighter than the real thing, this is good news for me. Also after removing all the internals including the gearbox and motor it weighs much less! Also my muzzle cap came in black like the rest of the gun, not orange. The shape of the grip is a close imitation but it is inaccurate, also the rear end cap is slightly inaccurate as well. I'm planning to remedy these issues. I'm going for maximum accuracy and realism as I can possibly get while maintaining maximum functionality. I know that sounds impossible but a guy can dream can't he? I think the Beta Project will be a great balance between realism and practicality for trooping. I have big plans and almost all my parts are in hand except the electronics.

Last edited:
Re: Beta Projects E-11 Conversion

I wonder if you couldn't get a real Sterling grip and trigger- that would simplify the whole thing. BTW sent you a PM about the motor and gearbox.

Cheers
Mark

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back