MGC Sterling (Modelgun Corporation Japan)

infynity

Hello, I have this original MGC Sterling which I believe is the base for the ROTJ E11 blasters. I'm finding hard to get an indication of value? Any ideas? It can be ****** and dry fired. Any help greatly apprecaiated!

Attachments

• 20230820_121407.jpg
    20230820_121407.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 128
  • 20230820_121413.jpg
    20230820_121413.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20230820_121429.jpg
    20230820_121429.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 106
  • 20230820_121356.jpg
    20230820_121356.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 114
  • 20230820_121402.jpg
    20230820_121402.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 127
I'll give you $100 for that rusty old thing. It's worthless!

Just kidding. You are in possession of a great piece. Working Sterlings fetch a 5 to 10k price (depending on the condition of course). Based on your pics I'd say you have fine gun there. Probably in the middle of the range mentioned. You can search for "Sterling Mark 4 gun auction". That's going to give you some comps. I believe I've read somewhere that most Sterlings where decommissioned and destroyed. So I think one is that condition is highly sought after.

I'd also add, don't do anything to it if you want to sell it. Collectors are going to want it in the condition you have it. Don't sand it or paint it.

Strike that above part. I was actually thinking this was a real Sterling. My bad. Still a great piece. I think these were made in the 60's or 70's and are not "real". But still you're looking at a $500 to $800 piece.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I'll give you $100 for that rusty old thing. It's worthless!

Just kidding. You are in possession of a great piece. Working Sterlings fetch a 5 to 10k price (depending on the condition of course). Based on your pics I'd say you have fine gun there. Probably in the middle of the range mentioned. You can search for "Sterling Mark 4 gun auction". That's going to give you some comps. I believe I've read somewhere that most Sterlings where decommissioned and destroyed. So I think one is that condition is highly sought after.

I'd also add, don't do anything to it if you want to sell it. Collectors are going to want it in the condition you have it. Don't sand it or paint it.

Hope that helps.
I think you’re referring genuine sterlings from the canadian military. These are cap-fire guns from the Model Gun Corp which were used in ROTJ. I’ve sent them go anywhere from $800-2500 US in the past, but they don’t come around often, so you might get more.

I think you’re referring genuine sterlings from the canadian military. These are cap-fire guns from the Model Gun Corp which were used in ROTJ. I’ve sent them go anywhere from $800-2500 US in the past, but they don’t come around often, so you might get more.
Yeah, I re-read the post and looked up the MGC. I already edit my post. I found some comps on those for around $800 for one a little better shape. Still an awesome "gun" of course.

Yeah, I re-read the post and looked up the MGC. I already edit my post. I found some comps on those for around $800 for one a little better shape. Still an awesome "gun" of course.
This is more than just an awesome gun replica, this is the actual replica sterlings that they used for the stormtroopers E11 blasters in return of the jedi.
They are pretty rare and highly sought after by star wars collectors!

This is more than just an awesome gun replica, this is the actual replica sterlings that they used for the stormtroopers E11 blasters in return of the jedi.
They are pretty rare and highly sought after by star wars collectors!
Oh, I wasn't trying to down play it, which is why I said it was awesome. I was just adjusting my original comment thinking it was a real sterling and responding to the original question which was it's value.

looks like it sold for 800£ very easily, same way the last one sold easily for 1000$ a few weeks ago. And although those two sales were close, they were pretty exceptional here, If I remember correctly the last time I saw one for sale here was in 2019, the one I bought for around 800€ at the time.

Last time I saw one for sale in the U.K. was around 6months ago for £800, not on therpf. So that is probably a bang on price.

You can sell it or you can convert it as ROTJ E-11 and then keep it or sell it. Yours is a bit on the rough side, with the pitting, but nevertheless the MGC Sterling is the rarest one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back