New 10th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote

The pressure fit was so good on the prototype at least that it stayed exactly where you left it without magnets.

I could have overlooked someone asking this but, considering there are so many features packed into this thing- one being the color change on the button depending on the charge- would that make the blue strip functional in any way? I think it would not only be smarter for it to give information regarding the charge, status, etc. but also "conceptually" accurate. In the 11th hour matt smith operates it as a diagnostics/startup, could we possibly see the blue strip work for something for the first time ever? Im aware that CT's ultimate edition's blue strip "lit up", but even though their prop isnt entirely accurate the wand company has already surpassed all prop makers in terms of functionality…if you think about it

I could have overlooked someone asking this but, considering there are so many features packed into this thing- one being the color change on the button depending on the charge- would that make the blue strip functional in any way? I think it would not only be smarter for it to give information regarding the charge, status, etc. but also "conceptually" accurate. In the 11th hour matt smith operates it as a diagnostics/startup, could we possibly see the blue strip work for something for the first time ever? Im aware that CT's ultimate edition's blue strip "lit up", but even though their prop isnt entirely accurate the wand company has already surpassed all prop makers in terms of functionality…if you think about it
Well you could repaint the blue strip with the stuff they use on watches, except blue. After all, the Blue strip isn't hard to repaint. :)

Mine is already on order at the comic shop. Last month they already had 6 orders paid in full. I even asked if they were going to be getting them in the same as TG and he told me that they where. I get to get it on time and support local business. :)

-Duke Duel
www.dukeduel.com

Color change, what is this about color change?

Anyone else getting excited about this sonic? I can't wait to program it to control the McGann console (like I have with a few of their 11th remotes) and goof around with sonar mode at some conventions with the console.

I'm ready to pre-order it from Think Geek, but they're not even taking pre-orders yet! Harumph.

--Brian

i know it may be an odd question but do we know how much the sonic weighs as i'm thinking it would look great on a levitron but they only handle up to 13 ounces

Sorry for the very long silence again - things have been a bit hectic lately.

... would that make the blue strip functional in any way?

I'm afraid that the blue strip isn't functional - we did investigate a couple of options for adding lighting effects to the strip, but it was going to add cost and risk, and delay the product launch, so we decided to leave it as a simple non-functional strip.

I'm ready to pre-order it from Think Geek, but they're not even taking pre-orders yet! Harumph.

I don't think ThinkGeek will be taking pre-orders, but if you sign up via the "Email Me" button on their page for this product (thinkgeek.com/13a8) then it'll help us gauge how much stock they'll need from the first shipment out of our factory.

I know it may be an odd question but do we know how much the sonic weighs as i'm thinking it would look great on a levitron but they only handle up to 13 ounces

The weight of the Sonic will be around 50g (less than 2 ounces), but I'm not sure if the magnet in the end cap will screw up the Levitron's control system.

Anyone else getting excited about this sonic? I can't wait to program it to control the McGann console (like I have with a few of their 11th remotes) and goof around with sonar mode at some conventions with the console.

--Brian
You can preorder it from BBC America Shop. (with free shipping!)

BBC America's shop is awesome, thanks Charlie. I just pre-ordered it! The code "BTSA20" gets you $20 off so the thing is only $100 shipped instead of $110. (or you could find another fun $10 item to round up for free shipping...)

--Brian

Thats cool. With the level of detail and functionality the screwdriver already has, im fine with the blue strip just being a blue strip.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back