Never Ending Story The Book

Very pleased you like it!

Well firstly I hunted down a suitable high quality leather sketch/note book (A4 210 X 297) with about 60 odd blank pages.

I embossed the border line by wetting the leather and simply applying pleasure with a blunt tool.

For the lettering I went for the old fashioned letraset method, unfortunately I couldn't get the right size or font.

I made the Filigrees & Auryn in clay then molded with Silicon and Cold Cast in Bronze Powder and treated for antique effect. I attached these with a flexible permanent adhesive.

:thumbsup

I created my own handmade version of this book for a friend last year. It's by no means perfect or completely accurate of course, but I tried to capture the spirit of it anyway, and it was fun to make.

I created my own handmade version of this book for a friend last year. It's by no means perfect or completely accurate of course, but I tried to capture the spirit of it anyway, and it was fun to make.
Wow, do you have any In progress pictures or care to tell us how you made it :)

I stumbled across this thread the other day and have been obsessed with trying to recreate this book now. I read earlier that the book is not public domain. Is the script public domain?

Last edited:
I met my first girlfriend because of this movie a long time ago. She's the only ex I've had that I still talk to and don't want dead, but I sort of messed things up recently with an arguement and would like to make it up to her by giving her this book that I know she's always wanted.

As a matter of fact, a few minutes ago she actually wrote on Facebook that she still really wanted this book and asked me if it was for sale somewhere, then I remembered this thread and wonders if any of these books will ever be for sale?

I know about the copyright stuff for the real book's story and that the book is smaller than the one in the movie, but here's a solution for you - - If people want the original book in this movie book, then wouldn't it be possible to print some sort of fancy patterned frame in the size of the original book's pages in the movie book? This way anyone could buy the prop replica, then legally buy the original book that they then own legally and could do anything they want to it such as eat the pages, draw on the pages, wipe your butt with them, oooooor glue them into the pages of the movie book to make it look like it should specially be that strange way.

You'd need two of the original books since you'll be glueing half the story to the movie book, but there you have my weird idea if that helps any...

Or just print the replica movie book with the original story and hope no one will care....

Knocked this up today - first time I've ever used Super Sculpy.
ddca1db8.jpg

aa8a96ba.jpg

2d006811.jpg

Hey guys! I am new to this forum so ya! But i wanted to say I am also trying to make the neverending story prop book. I have a leather book that I want to use. But i need help with the auryn and the corner embellisment. I tryed working with clay but I stink at it. So if anyone has any suggestions, please help!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?05ixc4

The spacing is not correct - I'm using it as a cover for my sketchbook. But I made the Auryn and all the filagrees myself - no molds!

beb31c79.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back