Netflix Recommendations Thread

Check out Being Elmo. Whether you are a muppet fan or just want to feel good about a person reaching their dreams, you'll love it.

Not Netflix, but on Hulu Plus is "The Booth at the End" which is a cool miniseries. It's about a guy in a diner people go to when they need things. They ask for something, anything, and he tells him what he needs them to do in order for what they want to come true. Sometimes he asks them to do something helpful for other people, sometimes he asks people to do terrible things. The story involves about 8 people who go to him, and their stories become intertwined at times and at others remain entirely separate. It remains ambiguous even through the end of what he knows, or how he does what he does, and it's best that way.

Watched this over the last two nights based on your recommendation and the description. Gotta say that it was fantastic. I love the characters and how they justify what they're doing to get what they want. Love the "Man" too. Looks like there is going to be a second series... I want to see how he pulls off the last "deal". They are only 20 minutes long, so it's easy to catch all 5 episodes in one setting.

Watched this over the last two nights based on your recommendation and the description. Gotta say that it was fantastic. I love the characters and how they justify what they're doing to get what they want. Love the "Man" too. Looks like there is going to be a second series... I want to see how he pulls off the last "deal". They are only 20 minutes long, so it's easy to catch all 5 episodes in one setting.

Glad you enjoyed it! My favorite part was the guy who said he figured out the man in the booth was just a middle man, and then asked, who's on the other side? The smile that the man gave was INCREDIBLE.

This was a while ago, but since Netflix is the distributor (Red Envelope Productions), I assume its still on Instant...

The Salton Sea. Yes, starring Val Kilmer.

Netflix was shoving this movie down my throat a while ago, finally gave in. Surprisingly good.
I don't really want to say its a crime drama, but it kind of is, but mostly a who-dun-it whats-going-on kind of movie.
And if you watch a lot of crime TV shows (like I do) you'll recognize a lot of the other actors as well.

I tried Supernatural, and just couldn't stomach it after the third episode. The leads are way too one-dimensional and cookie cutter.

I tried Supernatural, and just couldn't stomach it after the third episode. The leads are way too one-dimensional and cookie cutter.

They do develop a bit more dimensionally as the series goes on. Dean was a bit too much the first season, but he really develops as things go on. The first season is a bit hammy too, until they get into the real meat of the Yellow Eyed Demon story arch. Really once they hit season two they really get a nice stride going and have some really fantastic mythology. It's worth hanging in there until they get going, really.

Last edited:
They do develop a bit more dimensionally as the series goes on. Dean was a bit too much the first season, but he really develops as things go on. The first season is a bit hammy too, until they get into the real meat of the Yellow Eyed Demon story arch. Really once they hit season two they really get a nice stride going and have some really fantastic mythology. It's worth hanging in there until they get going, really.

I agree with this definitely stick it out for a bit. I just hit season 5 last night and as with all tv series it has good and bad episodes, but I am finding fr more good than bad with this.

I never watched this when it was new on the air and as far as a timeline goes Im not sure which came first, but I see a lot of "funny" episodes are very similar to some SG-1 episodes. Ghostfacers being kind of like Wormhole Extreme etc.

I thought The Wraith was pretty good for an 80's B flick. It predates the crow and kind of has the same storyline. Its worth a watch. Pretty cool car too!

TheWraith_quad-1-500x377.jpg

The_Wraith.jpg

Agreed. I struggled with that, too. Gotta get past the first few episodes. I skipped around a bit.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back