Netflix Recommendations Thread

My fiance's kid is hooked on the British version of "Top Gear."

I think that would be more rightly said as "my wife is hooked on Top Gear". There's only 1 Top Gear...the American version is just a deplorable attempt at recreating a masterpiece...essentially a Top Gear reboot...and as with most reboots...it sucks.

My two cents.

The Colony

The TV series?!?

I couldn't even get past the first episode... It is so painful and so staged. I think a situation like that would be impossible to recreate in a reality show type atmosphere. You would never truly feel you were in danger so all the trumped up fear and paranoia is just poor acting.

I liked the invention guy, the staged encounters were terrible. If you didn't tell the contestants what these actors were trying to do they might get all buck wild. And that martial arts chick sparring with the big black guy was just cheesy.

I watched the Colony, OK?:(

There's only 1 Top Gear...the American version is just a deplorable attempt at recreating a masterpiece...essentially a Top Gear reboot...and as with most reboots...it sucks.

My two cents.

NO, you are absolutely correct, TOP gear America sucks. Mostly cause they show crappy American cars...

MY two cents

"Gabriel Iglesias: Hot and Fluffy"
"Battle Beyond the Stars"
"Aah! Zombies!!", a zombie movie from the zombie perspective. Cheesy, but in a good way.
"Gojira" the first Godzilla movie without Raymond Burr edited in.

The TV series?!?

I couldn't even get past the first episode... It is so painful and so staged. I think a situation like that would be impossible to recreate in a reality show type atmosphere. You would never truly feel you were in danger so all the trumped up fear and paranoia is just poor acting.

I found it interesting, but the more I watched season 1 the more I thought, yeah...they have power tools...they have 13 car batteries that work...they have welding tools, they have solar stuff....really realistic....

So, I agree with you now that i've seen it. It was an interesting idea though.

I love Top Gear, I could listen to Clarkson and May all day!! :lol

I have a new recommendation. I was just complaining about "The Colony" in this thread as well as the lack of any real survival in Survivor... well, I found a show that is perfect and it is on Netflix.

It is called "Out of the Wild" and it is AWESOME! A group of people are dropped off in the middle of nowhere, with minimal supplies and have to make is back on their own. No prize, no voting... Just make it out. I am loving it!

I have a new recommendation. I was just complaining about "The Colony" in this thread as well as the lack of any real survival in Survivor... well, I found a show that is perfect and it is on Netflix.

It is called "Out of the Wild" and it is AWESOME! A group of people are dropped off in the middle of nowhere, with minimal supplies and have to make is back on their own. No prize, no voting... Just make it out. I am loving it!

Is that the same guy who did the Man vs. Wild show?? I hate that guy. I hope it's not him.

It is just a group of volunteer amateurs... no pros in this show. It is really awesome. The drama isn't forced and neither is the danger. Just people out in the wilderness, trying to get through it.

Is that the same guy who did the Man vs. Wild show?? I hate that guy. I hope it's not him.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back