Netflix Lost in Space

If they wrote it with Netflix in mind, then it's probably true and good forward thinking.
Maybe, but despite what a lot of people seem to think, Netflix does have original shows that run for more than just 3 seasons, Stranger Things and Camp Cretaceous are two that come immediately to mind. Personally, I like to think that the writer was just being smart and instead of creating a series that would just wander and meander until it's eventually canceled, he crafted a story with a definite ending. Given the nature of the series' premise, it makes a lot of sense since too many series whose premise is to work to a certain end goal tend to end either on a weak note because the series was dragged on for too long or ends on a cliffhanger before it can be properly ended. By doing a B5 and writing with a set number of seasons in mind you avoid all of that, no matter who airs/streams the show.

Last edited:
I finally finished S3 tonight, and loved it although I don't think it was as good as the first 2 seasons. Character development was in full form over the seasons and it was a joy to see it play out. I love this family and the dynamic they all have together. Its refreshing in today's entertainment to show a tight-knit family of decent people who work together and work for the greater good. I wish there could be more adventures for them. They'll be missed.

I finally finished S3 tonight, and loved it although I don't think it was as good as the first 2 seasons. Character development was in full form over the seasons and it was a joy to see it play out. I love this family and the dynamic they all have together. Its refreshing in today's entertainment to show a tight-knit family of decent people who work together and work for the greater good. I wish there could be more adventures for them. They'll be missed.
I think that it was, in part, because of the long hiatus between S2 & S3. With the first 2 seasons, you had a certain momentum going but with 2 & 3 you kind of lost that momentum because of the long break, and unless you re-watched the first 2 seasons shortly before starting S3, that long break meant that you kind of forgot some of what happened previously.

But, like you, I still really enjoyed S3. I loved the character arcs, esp. how Smith redeemed herself and was no longer as selfish and self serving as she was in the beginning. But at the same time, I liked how she didn't suddenly become a good person overnight and that she still struggled to fight her selfish, self-protective instincts

Maybe, but despite what a lot of people seem to think, Netflix does have original shows that run for more than just 3 seasons, Stranger Things and Camp Cretaceous are two that come immediately to mind. Personally, I like to think that the writer was just being smart and instead of creating a series that would just wander and meander until it's eventually canceled, he crafted a story with a definite ending. Given the nature of the series' premise, it makes a lot of sense since too many series whose premise is to work to a certain end goal tend to end either on a weak note because the series was dragged on for too long or ends on a cliffhanger before it can be properly ended. By doing a B5 and writing with a set number of seasons in mind you avoid all of that, no matter who airs/streams the show.

Yeah, but those are more the exception than the norm these days. They seem to kill way too many things a week or two after release. Not much of a chance for shows to survive that way. Start strong or die seems to be their m.o.

Yeah, but those are more the exception than the norm these days. They seem to kill way too many things a week or two after release. Not much of a chance for shows to survive that way. Start strong or die seems to be their m.o.
I'd argue that it's just appearances, I once did a search for Netflix shows that have gone on for longer than 3 seasons and quite a few shows were on that list. Some don't really count because they're not Netflix originals, but there were a good number of originals as well as continuations of shows that were on other stations or streaming services before going to Netflix. Then there were some shows, liked their Marvel shows, that ended up being canceled prematurely because the MCU or Disney + (forget which it was) started taking and Disney really didn't want Netflix to continue any of them and Netflix didn't see any point in trying to compete directly with Disney.

My wife and I we're happy with it. She was no fan of the original series other than the robot, I can see why some would reject this if they were looking for something more like the TV show. Wasn't perfect nothing is and I could gripe about this or that, still wondering why no weapons? when there was clearly things out to to kill them in the space wildernesses. They should have had something just as anyone needs in a survival situation with things that want to harm or eat you. I don't know if they were anti gun or just wanted to allow for more drama without them. The opening credits speak my language that's for sure. We're about to start leaving low earth orbit again and back to the moon after far far too long, and I know families will be watching and kids dreaming.

Remember… Netflix is just the distributor of LIS. It’s owned by Legendary Entertainment, and they determined the length of the series before season 1 even aired. Netflix didn’t cancel the show, it just ran its course.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back