Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

Either this thing is even more oversized than I was expecting, or I have really small hands.

View attachment 1533990
Well, you aren't wearing Scout Trooper gloves. Put a pair of those on and you probably wouldn't be able to fit four fingers in the trigger guard comfortably. ;)

I just got mine today. One of the first things I did was to put my fingers around the handle to see how they might fit, and the result was pretty much the same as yours--pressed together, yet with a bit of a gap above my index finger. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For sure. But it means the part swaps I was planning to do won't work. :lol: Ah well. Will still be fun to repaint.

If you are looking to swap scopes, it should still work. I'd like to know if the transistors match up.

tempImageGrsXFU.jpg

tempImageDRK4gz.jpg

I just ordered one of the transistors off eBay as well. Hoping size wise its a close enough match. I've never done a Nerf repaint before, so I'm just happy the thing disassembled super easy. My plan is to sand all the logos and what not down, fill the holes, replace the transistor, and the blaster tip. Hoping I can find a suitable replacement. Maybe even add some weight to it also.

Here's mine. I modified the crap out of it including filling screw holes/seams, adding missing details, new emitter, aluminum hand-guard, scope lense etc... I sort of picked and chose which details from the original props to replicate. I wanted to try and do this without spending any money, so I was limited to only the parts/supplies I had on hand. I didn't agonize over the putty work as the originals are pretty rough anyway. Fun project!

EC17_01.jpg

EC17_02.jpg

EC17_03.jpg

Here's mine. I modified the crap out of it including filling screw holes/seams, adding missing details, new emitter, aluminum hand-guard, scope lense etc... I sort of picked and chose which details from the original props to replicate. I wanted to try and do this without spending any money, so I was limited to only the parts/supplies I had on hand. I didn't agonize over the putty work as the originals are pretty rough anyway. Fun project!

View attachment 1534830

View attachment 1534831

View attachment 1534837

That's gorgeous! I'm going to use this as inspiration on mine.

View attachment 1534830

View attachment 1534831

View attachment 1534837
That came out phenomenal!!!

BTW, the Ebay listing for this has a reduced price to $7.99. I bought three (one for me, and one for each of my two small kids), so free shipping on orders over $14.99 made the total for all three $26.03.

Ebay

View attachment 1534830

View attachment 1534831

View attachment 1534837
What did you use for the glass lens?

And great results! If mine turns out half as good as yours, I'll be pleased.

View attachment 1534830

View attachment 1534831

View attachment 1534837
That turned out great, I was going to scratch build one, now I’ve seen the results you achieved I’m not so sure. Shame we can’t get them as cheap here but I found one for £26 shipped it’s looking more appealing, and I can still add the greebles I was planing for the scratch build anyway.

View attachment 1534830

View attachment 1534831

View attachment 1534837
What did you use for the turret cap?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back