Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

Do you want me to wait till you have oe in had for better measurements?

I got the best measurements I could off of my blaster, it's just a tricky area to pull measurements off of. Assuming there's interest in this part (the number of likes on that post is not encouraging :D ) we'll need to just test and iterate.

In other words, go ahead.

(To be clear: I have a blaster already and have been taking measurements off of it. Unfortunately I glued some interior parts together before I realized how many upgrades I could make, so I'm waiting on a second blaster before I start the tail piece. Which is really the second-most important part after the nozzle, imo.)

Last edited:
I got the best measurements I could off of my blaster, it's just a tricky area to pull measurements off of. Assuming there's interest in this part (the number of likes on that post is not encouraging :D ) we'll need to just test and iterate.

In other words, go ahead.

(To be clear: I have a blaster already and have been taking measurements off of it. Unfortunately I glued some interior parts together before I realized how many upgrades I could make, so I'm waiting on a second blaster before I start the tail piece. Which is really the second-most important part after the nozzle, imo.)
I'll run one later today and see what happens.

I changed some settings and was able to get the knurling to pop.

92C8B395-3D38-4B5F-A4C7-8159DDA15CF6.jpeg
6C14FABD-95EE-445B-8323-CEA836EC6795.jpeg
5314C00F-C3A0-4AEC-A769-C6181902EAAE.jpeg

And just for the hell of it, cap only…
86EF519B-3C12-4AAC-93C6-1A7CD4BC12C3.jpeg

How's it fit?

The base settles in nicely over the existing area so it centers itself into position (as I hoped with my recommendation). The cap sits on securely to the base. So I would say all fits well.

I took a picture of the cap only in case people were wondering what that might look like. I don't know enough about that detail so I wanted to show what it would look like if someone wanted the knob to be lower against the scope.

As a PLA print, I think the knurling came out nicely. I think it would pop even more with some creative paint washes.

The side rail is printing now. Give it about 2.5 hours. It's going be a standard print quality. I was going to do low quality since you were unsure of the fit but the difference in time was only 22 minutes.

This does give us a pretty solid idea of how much the handle was upscaled from the prop, though.

I don't necessarily agree with that conclusion because it is based on an assumption Hasbro based their design of the Nerf blaster using accurate detail of a real prop. We just don't know that. After all, there are details on the nerf that do not match any known prop. We just do not know what they used for a reference. It is quite possible they used a reference from a prop on Manlorian. If that is the case, who knows what the screen used detailing is of that piece. For all we know, they used a fan made prop or created their own file and 3D print.

Last edited:
...this is straight poly modeling -- no subdivision cage -- and I forgot to save iterations...

over-my-head-no.gif

When it come to design, I don't know anything. I just started printing last June thanks to my printer my kids got me for Father's Day. With the exception of some simple shapes or some mods of existing models all via Tinkercad, I am relying heavily on the kindness of strangers who post on Thingiverse.

View attachment 1536980

When it come to design, I don't know anything. I just started printing last June thanks to my printer my kids got me for Father's Day. With the exception of some simple shapes or some mods of existing models all via Tinkercad, I am relying heavily on the kindness of strangers who post on Thingiverse.

I modeled it in an easier way that sacrifices flexibility down the line. ;)

I think my only recommendation on the trigger would be if it could be designed so that the bottom of the trigger blended more to the grip so that it is less obvious (smoother transition in the profile).

But this is awesome because this would have been a pain to cut down and sand.

Hasbro certainly has their original Scout Trooper toy blaster molds, but not sure if they would lent /rented them to NERF as reference for their own gun. Thing is, NERF got their reference from SOMEWHERE.

And while the NERF gun seems to be larger than the actual ROTJ filming resin props....

...but maybe the NERF gun was based on The Mandalorian filming weapon(s)? Are they the "same" as the ROTJ version, or different?

n-Bike-Trooper.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=963&h=481&dpr=1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back