Nerf Scout Trooper Blaster Repaint

D70F72B7-E589-4749-8513-2F36492C0935.jpeg

119F079E-E3D1-465B-AC8E-F29251259CF3.jpeg

7729B34C-5C6F-4DCD-8112-8536EF4BFCFF.jpeg

I can’t get the ridges to print. I think I need a finer nozzle.

I’d total buy a set of 3D printed upgrade parts if anyone offered them for this.

It's very early stages, but I'm talking with a friend of mine who has a resin printer about possibly doing a run in high-detail, impact resistant resin. I'll say more when I know more.

View attachment 1536661
View attachment 1536663
View attachment 1536664

I can’t get the ridges to print. I think I need a finer nozzle.

I'm fairly sure that one would need to be resin printed, unfortunately. It's just too small a set of details.

Btw: To be clear, I’m not selling any parts. I don’t want to get into that as I do not want to discourage the open collaboration in this thread. As AnubisGuard stated, he is planning to get some resin parts made up. I would encourage anyone that cannot print their own to wait for such a kit. In the mean time, if he wants to continue posting parts, I would be more than happy to test them out.

Last edited:
So,
Not to be the bearer of bad news but the transistor on the nerf handle is oversized, so you'll have to sand it off (since the handle is oversized, the transistor was scaled up too). The TO-3 package is just over 1.5" long by about 1" wide. Depending on how crazy y'all want to get, you could always model one to scale up and print:

View attachment 1536315

Confirmed the real transistors are too small for the Nerf blaster. Disappointing, but, oh well. One less thing for me to do on this conversion.

ScoutBlasterTx.jpg

New knob is two parts, a base and a cap. The base has the requested indent for centering, but also has a 4mm hole for driving a screw through. The cap then slips over the base to complete the knob.

Scout_Blaster_Scope_Knob_Top_OBJ_002.png

Scout_Blaster_Scope_Knob_Bottom_OBJ_002.png

Attachments

• NERF_Scout_Trooper_Scope_Knob_Base_v002.obj
    316 KB · Views: 89
  • NERF_Scout_Trooper_Scope_Knob_Cap_v002.obj
    7.7 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Btw: To be clear, I’m not selling any parts. I don’t want to get into that as I do not want to discourage the open collaboration in this thread. As AnubisGuard stated, he is planning to get some resin parts made up. I would encourage anyone that cannot print their own to wait for such a kit. In the mean time, if he wants to continue posting parts, I would be more than happy to test them out.
Also to be clear, my previous "Shut up and take my money!" post was intended to be humorous and to express my thoughts that AnubisGuard's efforts weren't wasted. And I'm currently enjoying the collaboration as Mara Jade's Father mentioned, and I'd hate to see that come to an end so I'll lay off the corny jokes.

Side rail veneer. I have low confidence in this version -- it's a lot of overlapping measurements and I couldn't get it all to line up, so I just took a photo of the NERF and tried to line it up to the picture. There's no corner chamfering or other niceties; for this version it's just the basic geo.

Scout_Blaster_Side_Rail_Outside_OBJ_001.png

Scout_Blaster_Side_Rail_Inside_OBJ_001.png

Attachments

• NERF_Scout_Trooper_Side_Rail_v001.obj
    3.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Side rail veneer. I have low confidence in this version -- it's a lot of overlapping measurements and I couldn't get it all to line up, so I just took a photo of the NERF and tried to line it up to the picture. There's no corner chamfering or other niceties; for this version it's just the basic geo.

View attachment 1536807

View attachment 1536808
I’m curious why you felt the need for this part. Is it to cover the Nerf logo without sanding?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back