Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Thanks! that's actually going to be used in a play where the gun is a focal point of the story. I was pretty happy with that and I hope they're happy with how it looks. It should sparkle under those bright stage lights. :)

Your welcome! i have an airsoft pistol that i want to paint with a rust effect similar to the one you have on this one, do you have any tips? i think that the material i will be painting on is metal and plastic.

Your welcome! i have an airsoft pistol that i want to paint with a rust effect similar to the one you have on this one, do you have any tips? i think that the material i will be painting on is metal and plastic.

For sure. Sand down the surfaces really well with around a 220 grit. Then smooth it some with about 500 grit. Now it will be ready for a primer coat or two. Use really light sweeps over the gun so you don't pool the paint in one spot. When detailing, use a brush with as little paint left on the bristles as possible. Hope that will help ya some and good luck!

...and I'm 35

;)

Here's one I made about 5 years ago for my custom mando. It's painted with a dark grey primer then I used rub-n-buff for the color.

custommando016Medium.jpg

For sure. Sand down the surfaces really well with around a 220 grit. Then smooth it some with about 500 grit. Now it will be ready for a primer coat or two. Use really light sweeps over the gun so you don't pool the paint in one spot. When detailing, use a brush with as little paint left on the bristles as possible. Hope that will help ya some and good luck!

...and I'm 35

;)

Thanks! do you know what color of paint and primer to use to achieve the effect that you made?
....(Correction).... and im 13 3/4 :lol

Hey guys. Heres some pictures of a couple of airsoft pistols that I made. I still need to paint over the hot glue where the silencer is connected on the first gun. (and i know that these are bad pictures, but im using my webcam since my sister lost our cameras memory card)
5560-picture-645.jpg

5561-picture-644.jpg

Great job on both of those!

Hey guys. Heres some pictures of a couple of airsoft pistols that I made. I still need to paint over the hot glue where the silencer is connected on the first gun. (and i know that these are bad pictures, but im using my webcam since my sister lost our cameras memory card)
5560-picture-645.jpg

5561-picture-644.jpg

I am fairly new to the RPF and I just came across this thread. There is some amazing work here. Very inspiring stuff, you guys have done awesome work with these. I think I am going to have to try a couple myself after seeing the work here.

Great work!!!

A few completed (or near complete) projects from last week...

Robocop style Beretta ;)
IMG_5848.jpg

Disassembled and I remembered to put in the magazine!
IMG_5851.jpg

thanks for looking!

I really like what you did with this piece. Can I ask what parts you used to get it to look like that?

I really like what you did with this piece. Can I ask what parts you used to get it to look like that?

Thank you very much. This is actually an older gun that I did, but I still like the simplicity of it. Still a lot of work, but worth it in the end :)

The gun itself is an airsoft gun that comes as you see it, except I filled in about 10 screw holes (!) I don't have the resources to do much fabrication, so I have to stay pretty close to the stock design. I'm hoping to find someone with casts to paint, but right now I'm so busy I haven't had any time to go looking> I suppose I should count my bessings!

Glad to have you here and I hope you'll share some stuff when you have it ready to go!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back