Nerf Gun Props? YES!

Here's the Vigilon I've been working on, not sure it's done yet (are they ever done?) but I'm happy with the dirt effect on the tan, discovered a new technique through an accident.

2013-03-14141031_zpsa0e5bdeb.jpg

I just found out my son's Power Rangers blaster is non functional...
I might make it my initial project. It's just REALLY hard to get decent spray paints in Korea.

Wow! Very impressed at the skill here. Definitely plenty of inspiration! This is my first post showing my work here, hope you guys like it! :)

What's your favorite can of Spray Paint????

Thought I'd start a poll, this is one of my favorites, it's a real nice silver (seen in the Pyragon above)

Have a favorite? Share!!

2013-03-29175315_zps4ef87bfe.jpg

People posting Borderlands made me realize I hadn't posted anything in this thread for a long time... here are a couple of my more recent Nerf mods.

Borderlands Torgue from Nerf Maverick:

Borderlands-Torgue-pistol-Nerf-Gun-mod-Nerfenstein.jpg

Aliens Pulse Pistol Nerf Nite Finder:
Aliens-colonial-marines-pulse-rifle-pistol-nerf-mite0finder-mod.jpg

Diesel Train Nerf Rayven ... why not lol.
nerf-rayven-dieselpunk-rail-gun-mod-nerfenstein-mix.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Aliens Pulse Pistol Nerf Nite Finder:

I had the same idea but used a different gun--I used a Super Soaker water pistol that I got on sale at Target:

8603155613_b261b677aa.jpg

(It's painted brown and black instead of OD and black because I shoot my fan films with a greenscreen, so I can't have any green color on my props or costumes.)

PS--I like your Weland-Yutani logo on the side--I may steal that idea from you. ;)

@Nerfenstein: Your work never ceases to amaze me

@Lflank: The brown is perfectly fine, the original PR was "Brown Bess" anyways which is a rather brownish than greenish tint.

Just a short WIP Shot of my first "serious" Nerf Modification:

The "Manticore", held by yours truly:

arDyeuU.jpg

What's your favorite can of Spray Paint????

Thought I'd start a poll, this is one of my favorites, it's a real nice silver (seen in the Pyragon above)

Have a favorite? Share!!

2013-03-29175315_zps4ef87bfe.jpg

I haven't tried their silver yet, it looks better than the ones I've tried so far :thumbsup

I did however stumble on this product from internationalcolours.com, theirs is the best chrome effect paint I've ever seen from a can:

Liquid Chrome Aerosol | www.internationalcolours.com | internationalcolours.com

Re: AW: Nerf Gun Props? YES!

G'day guys my first post as a new member. Got highly inspired by all the work done here and on the other threads.
I started by learning to get the weathering using a "sharpie" (marker pen) on a painted up toy gun, as I'm not much of a detail painter.
tumblr_mkt3k1qfHd1snwmvko4_r1_1280.jpg

Hmm not bad I think...
tumblr_mkt3k1qfHd1snwmvko6_r1_1280.jpg

Then I saw one of these Nerf super-soakers done here which I really loved so I'm going to have a crack at making it look just as good.
tumblr_mkt3k1qfHd1snwmvko5_1280.jpg

Firstly, welcome to the RPF :)

Very nice work wih the sharpie, very convincing. I bought one with the intention of doing the same, but was worried it wouldnt look right, seems you proved it to be rather effective :thumbsup

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back