Nerf Blaster Repaint

COlson

Had some fun the other night repainting a nerf gun. We keep a tub of some toys and art supplies at our home for our 5 year old grandson for when he comes to our house each week. He just loves running around the house with grandma and grandpa have shooting battles. The guns are a lot of fun and we just have a blast running around playing with him. But the guns are rather blah looking, so the other night I decided they needed to look more realistic and cool. So I took one of them and painted it up. Sprayed the whole gun black, then used nickel metal rub-n-buff paint on the main body. Left the handle black with just a bit of light gray highlighting and weather, and paint the barrel with rub-n-buff bronze, just to give a slightly different look. I also made a little red digital like charge readout or something, printed it on photo paper and glued to the sides. I really like how it turned out. Our grandson hasn't seen it yet, but he's gonna freak when he comes over next.

BEFORE PAINTING
20210919_214443.jpg

AFTER PAINTING
20210919_214456.jpg

Excellent work. I saw a nerf gun custom about a year ago online and started occasionally checking thrift stores (excellent source for very cheap Nerf guns) and at this point I have about 8 ready to paint..lol.

I've never paid more than 6 dollars and I've amassed the huge electric "M60" that is belt fed (didn't have the tri-pod unfortunately), a Stormtrooper rifle, Poe Dameron's pistol, several pistols, and 3 of the Nerf Rival guns (shoot Nerf "ping pong balls" instead of darts).

You've just inspired me to get off my butt and paint one.

Again, great work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back