Needed help on batman suit!!!!!!

rick007

Hi, i would like to create a Batman suit as well as a Superman suit for a fan film i am making. I am a complete noob but I think i can make it through. Since my actor is not muscular i plan to create a muscle suit with foam pads and create the suit from a tight material such as the one used in Batman v Superman. The only problem is I don't know what material to buy or where to buy it, I am also concerned about the cowl and would appreciate guidance. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I would also want to know about the estimated budget for it.

Well, check out jfcustom foam files for batman cowl. Also, look at the 1960 s iron man - muscle type pepakura files that might help with your skinny superman. Should be pretty cheap. Good luck.

You can also search "muscle suit" on YouTube and you will find several different methods for making a foam muscle suit. That's where I got most of my info for making one. Although in a perfect world we would all be able to afford one from Flex Designs.

You can also make a batman suit using EVA Foam which could be used to make the wearer appear more muscular due to the foam armor plating... I made one and I'm of average build but felt pretty tough wearing the armor. That's if you didn't want to or weren't particulary set on making a spandex style batman suit.

not sure which method would be cheaper however since I've never made or purchased a muscle suit.

What kind of budget are you working with?

Last edited:
I used a cheap rubies cowl which you could get from Amazon for around $20.
made the rest of the costume out of EVA foam. I think I spent around $150 in materials to make it to include the foam, plastidip spray, buckles, velcro, elastic and such.

image.jpg

Last edited:
My main problem is the cowl. I plan to use a pepakura mask then add more to it according to the size of the wearer, I would then put clay around it to later add on details such as wrinkles and eyebrows,after fixing it up my plan is to make a mold out of it with plaster strips and plaster itself. The main problem is this. I don't know what to cast it with. If I use liquid latex(which would would be way cheaper) I wouldn't get the natural feel im looking for.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back