Need help please?

autobotjohn

I made a life-size terminator 2 judgment day Stage 4 t-800 about 5 years ago. I recently moved and during the move the entire neck broke off the bust but the head is fine. I was wondering if anyone could help me because I cant sculpt and I really want to fix this guy.

IMAG0129.JPGIMAG0127.JPGIMAG0128.JPG

Stay calm,John.Someone is bound to come to your aid.There are a few experienced sculptors here :thumbsup

Not sure if I can be much help,if the piece is hollow how I'd go about it I would use some expanding foam insulation Called great stuff in Home Depot, fill the head and the neck with the foam, once expanded cut, shave and shape both ends (head and neck) till they sit right where you want it. From there is use some wooden dowels and stick them into the neck and head foam to align and support both ends. Once it sits where you'd want it, take an epoxie ( I recommend "green stuff " kneadable epoxie. Mix both parts and roll into a snake to line the neck then apply the head and squeeze together as much as possible then from there any of the green stuff epoxie that is squished out just smooth it along the seam, let cure, sand and then paint. Again that's just my way I'd fix it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back