Need help please?

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by autobotjohn, Aug 1, 2015.

1. autobotjohn

autobotjohn New Member

I made a life-size terminator 2 judgment day Stage 4 t-800 about 5 years ago. I recently moved and during the move the entire neck broke off the bust but the head is fine. I was wondering if anyone could help me because I cant sculpt and I really want to fix this guy.

IMAG0129.JPG IMAG0127.JPG IMAG0128.JPG

2. autobotjohn

autobotjohn New Member

please cant anyone help me?

3. George

George Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Stay calm,John.Someone is bound to come to your aid.There are a few experienced sculptors here :thumbsup

4. Jok3r0314

Jok3r0314 Sr Member

Not sure if I can be much help,if the piece is hollow how I'd go about it I would use some expanding foam insulation Called great stuff in Home Depot, fill the head and the neck with the foam, once expanded cut, shave and shape both ends (head and neck) till they sit right where you want it. From there is use some wooden dowels and stick them into the neck and head foam to align and support both ends. Once it sits where you'd want it, take an epoxie ( I recommend "green stuff " kneadable epoxie. Mix both parts and roll into a snake to line the neck then apply the head and squeeze together as much as possible then from there any of the green stuff epoxie that is squished out just smooth it along the seam, let cure, sand and then paint. Again that's just my way I'd fix it.

George likes this.
  5. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

Rafael Robledo is a great repairman and painter. If you don't find anyone on the RPF I'd try him.

His contact email is Odelb@aol.com

Here is a video of him fixing another statue if you'd like to see his work.
    https://youtu.be/jvf1YWI86_w

George likes this.
  6. autobotjohn

autobotjohn New Member

thanks guys