Neca Gremlins 2 Stunt Puppet and Portal Gun

Neca should describe that Gremlin as what it really is: a replica of a PROTOTYPE gremlin from Gremlins 2... indeed, these legs were never used in the film, but only on prototypes. All the screen-used gremlins have thinner and smoother legs with longer and thinner toes... These particular legs they used can be seen on pre-production, "making of" pictures, but never in the movie. Strange choice for a replica!

Although it's difficult to find Gremlins with these legs/feet in the film, it is possible. I'm sure you're right that they were designed as a prototype, but they were absolutely used as stunt puppets in the film. When Gremlins are smashed up against walls, or strapped onto actors as they run around the hallways, it is often puppets with this style legs/feet. I suppose Neca got their hands on whatever they could, and it isn't surprising that what they could manage was a stunt puppet.
It would be great if you could share some photos of them from the making-of book if you have them!

Has anyone heard a more firm release date for this replica? Neca was saying April, and it seems that they are now suggesting that it will be May...

Has the Gremlin Replica seriously been bumped until October?!? I was talking to a NECA rep yesterday, who believed that they would be shipping "very soon". In what universe is October very soon? I'm very much hoping that this is inaccurate, but websites like Entertainment Earth have the release date listed as October. Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Just heard back from NECA again, and they tell me that it should be shipping June (although at this point, I can say that I'm not exactly optimistic about it given the number of times it's been bumped). They added that perhaps a green version would be shipping in October... if it's true, and we'll get the brown Gremlin in June, and a green one in October, I'll be thrilled! So on the plus side, it appears that they're discussing doing a green version... but if we don't get a brown one until October, I am NOT going to be a happy camper.

I wish that the Gremlin was more of a hero design and not a stunt version, although that is a pretty sweet price.
I plan on sculpting my own, like the vegetable gremlin and so on, although free time is something I have very little of.
Interested to hear what people think of this puppet when it ships.

well the Gremlin is here....main problem is they called a puppet, needs to be called latex covered foam figure, NOT PUPPET. It is very cool though.

Well I gotta split....He's send me out for coffee....

gremlins3.jpg

I just got mine today! LOVE it. Couldn't be happier. I'm shocked and impressed by actual size of the Gremlins. Head is surprisingly large!!! This thing TOWERS over my Medicom Prop Size Gizmo. I will post pics when i have a chance. very happy to finally add a 1:1 Gremlin to my collection :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back