Neca Gremlins 2 Stunt Puppet and Portal Gun

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by ecmagee1984, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ecmagee1984

ecmagee1984 Active Member

2. ecmagee1984

Is the grimlins lifesize?

3. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

30 inches tall so I would venture to say it is.

4. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Im not the biggest Gremlins Fan, but if Neca release a Lifesize I would think about to get one...

5. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

the portal gun looks amazing, but im really not a fan of the gremlin
    cant put my finger on it, but it looks kinda cheap (no offense, its probably an awesome piece, just my view)

6. Boogeyman13

Boogeyman13 Sr Member

I have to agree with this. I think it's the paint job and the fact that the skin has that shiny, rubbery look to it.

7. Guardian Devil

Guardian Devil Sr Member

Exactly what I thought - if the final piece is exactly like this, I think it could be made to look very nice with a repaint. Which would lend itself well to seeing lots of great customizations too!

8. Johnnymuffintop

Johnnymuffintop Active Member

Lovely. I'm still holding out hope that NECA also does a Gravity Gun.

9. batgremlin

batgremlin New Member

Neca should describe that Gremlin as what it really is: a replica of a PROTOTYPE gremlin from Gremlins 2... indeed, these legs were never used in the film, but only on prototypes. All the screen-used gremlins have thinner and smoother legs with longer and thinner toes... These particular legs they used can be seen on pre-production, "making of" pictures, but never in the movie. Strange choice for a replica!

10. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

They already released one lifesize version some years ago. I have an artist proof that I had touched up to be a little less "off the shelf."

11. tk1055

tk1055 Sr Member

Don't care if it's in accurate still want it!

12. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

The fact that it's a puppet is pretty cool in and of itself.

But I do wish they would get around to doing a lifesize from the first movie.

13. steveo

steveo Sr Member

What is the size of the Gremlin puppet replica? 1:1 or the size of the Gremlins they've just released - the awesome ones of all the Gremlins 2 characters?

14. Slave1

Slave1 Sr Member

Says on the posts above and on the link it's 30 inches tall.

15. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Any word on where the Gremlin will be available for purchase and when...or price?

16. ecmagee1984

No info on price or release date. should fine out this week, with toyfare this weekend.

17. RickDTM

RickDTM Sr Member

I really wish NECA would go ahead and release the Spider Gremlin they had on display in 11.

18. JasonCash

JasonCash Well-Known Member

The Gremlin is up for pre-order now only 1000 made $199.95

19. knightdriver2001

knightdriver2001 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You have a link? I don't see this on thier site at all.

20. IeatherfaceIX

IeatherfaceIX Active Member

I just found it for pre-order on Amazon.com $199.99

21. JasonCash

22. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Entertainment Earth has it for $169.99

23. Chaotica

Chaotica New Member

Although it's difficult to find Gremlins with these legs/feet in the film, it is possible. I'm sure you're right that they were designed as a prototype, but they were absolutely used as stunt puppets in the film. When Gremlins are smashed up against walls, or strapped onto actors as they run around the hallways, it is often puppets with this style legs/feet. I suppose Neca got their hands on whatever they could, and it isn't surprising that what they could manage was a stunt puppet.
    It would be great if you could share some photos of them from the making-of book if you have them!

Has anyone heard a more firm release date for this replica? Neca was saying April, and it seems that they are now suggesting that it will be May...

24. JasonCash

I've seen sites that say April, May and August.......

25. Chaotica

Chaotica New Member

Thanks for your reply! I've seen April and May, but hadn't seen August... realistically I'm hoping for May... but August would be a major bummer.

26. Chaotica

Chaotica New Member

Has the Gremlin Replica seriously been bumped until October?!? I was talking to a NECA rep yesterday, who believed that they would be shipping "very soon". In what universe is October very soon? I'm very much hoping that this is inaccurate, but websites like Entertainment Earth have the release date listed as October. Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

27. Chaotica

Chaotica New Member

Just heard back from NECA again, and they tell me that it should be shipping June (although at this point, I can say that I'm not exactly optimistic about it given the number of times it's been bumped). They added that perhaps a green version would be shipping in October... if it's true, and we'll get the brown Gremlin in June, and a green one in October, I'll be thrilled! So on the plus side, it appears that they're discussing doing a green version... but if we don't get a brown one until October, I am NOT going to be a happy camper.

28. Black Thorn

Black Thorn New Member

I adored Gremlins, so I shall look forward to seeing what the in hand photos of it are like. :D

29. Trenton

Trenton New Member

I wish that the Gremlin was more of a hero design and not a stunt version, although that is a pretty sweet price.
    I plan on sculpting my own, like the vegetable gremlin and so on, although free time is something I have very little of.
    Interested to hear what people think of this puppet when it ships.

30. JasonCash

I just got my conformation email and tracking info for mine. I can't wait for it to get here

31. JasonCash

well the Gremlin is here....main problem is they called a puppet, needs to be called latex covered foam figure, NOT PUPPET. It is very cool though.

Well I gotta split....He's send me out for coffee....

[​IMG]

32. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Can you post some more pics and maybe a review?

33. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes, please more photos as I am on the fence :)

Thanks

34. AJCG

AJCG New Member

Very nice. More pics please

Cheers

A

35. Bezzerkerr

Bezzerkerr New Member

I just got mine today! LOVE it. Couldn't be happier. I'm shocked and impressed by actual size of the Gremlins. Head is surprisingly large!!! This thing TOWERS over my Medicom Prop Size Gizmo. I will post pics when i have a chance. very happy to finally add a 1:1 Gremlin to my collection :)

36. xmr1

xmr1 Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine :) Please show some pics :)

37. R1V3R5

R1V3R5 Member

38. xmr1

xmr1 Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks!